Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was major pissed when it happened but I don't really know if I shoulda been or not. This evening I was headed to a cruise night in one of the next towns over, was suppose to meet some buddies there. Take the longer curvier route, riding at a "brisk" pace. Come up behind a first generation Camaro, all fixed up, Z28 badges,traction bars,etc,figure he's also heading to the event. Stay a safe distance back, not pushing him and we're goin around sixty for a few miles. Reach a passing zone and pull out to pass and when I get committed to the pass I see smoke come out of his exhaust as he stomps it. He was actually holding his own til I banged a downshift and held it WFO. As I went by the driver side window I see him just looking at me laughing it up. And while this is going on a car had appeared in the oncoming lane. Finished the pass and got back in my lane, wasn't even close with the oncoming car or anything, just nerve racking. Proceeded to leave the asshat in the Camaro behind in the next few miles of curves. Got to the cruise night, parked, met my buds and what do I see in the staging area for the burnout contest?Yep, bald headed prick in the Camaro. He was also purging his nitrous lines (no wonder he wasn't a pushover)
I was real tempted to go give him a piece of my mind when I saw him hanging around later, but decided against it.
Guess I was just pissed that he thought a simple, legal pass of a slower moving vehicle (him) was something to turn into a impromptu street race and put my life in danger (I'm the only one allowed to do that dangit) That and I suppose it woulda been prudent to just let him go, but we all know how much fun that is.
Oh well, no moral to this story or anything, just be careful and watch out for middle aged frustrated hot rodders with something to prove.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
what you did might be fun but ask yourself is it worth risking your life
or your beloved RR for an asshat i think you know the answer
take care and ride safe :)

H

·
0 Posts
this sort of thing happens to me all the time.. we ride down a relatively empty freeway.. two lanes in both directions.. every time we are out someone in a riced out civic, or WRX, VW etc roles up along side us and starts reving the engine.. we usually act like we will go for it.. the cage takes off.. and we are still cruising at our normal speed.. a$$helmets.. all of them...

·
Registered
665 Posts
Unfortunately, I think many of us have been in a similar situation more than once. Seeing as though I work in Beverly Hills, instead of the a$$hats in rice burners, I get the rich kids in Porsche's and Ferrari's. Being in Cali we can lane share which always takes me to the front of a light, then the guy in the sports car always wants to race. I usually rev my engine loud and then let him take off hoping there will be a cop at the next intersection.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
BTW, what times did he run at the track?
There wasn't any track or nothing, just a small town cruise night with a burnout contest , had the fire department boys keeping the road watered down,washing the rubber off, etc. I will give the clown credit, he did a pretty awesome burnout.
It was funny though, there were plenty of extended 'Busas, ZX-12's, litrebikes, and the only sportbike person that would play in the burnout contest was a kid on an OLD 500 or 600 Ninja. Couple of guys on cruisers out there in shorts and deck shoes who mostly just embarassed themselves and their bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts