Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At least you have your stock pipe on, I'm already dreading taking the Leo off:retard:
that is one of the only things holding me back before a upgrade.. I wanna do Seca at least once in my lifetime.. lol..

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there are a couple a year that dont have the noise restrictions. but the prices for those days are even more insane then normal. it's not so hard to slap the stock slip on back on and change the map. hmm i did cut out my cat though, i wonder if that matters.
Totally bro... The prices are insane for those.. i factor in the hotel, gas, trackfee.. and its already a logistical pain.. but doable..
From what i've been reading anything louder than stock and they send you home.. they got a sound trap at certain areas that monitor the Db levels... not just at tech.. :retard:

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Totally bro... The prices are insane for those.. i factor in the hotel, gas, trackfee.. and its already a logistical pain.. but doable..
From what i've been reading anything louder than stock and they send you home.. they got a sound trap at certain areas that monitor the Db levels... not just at tech.. :retard:
I've heard even some bikes with stock pipes get sent home too. Depending on the model I guess some are louder than others on older years :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
i have fam in monterey and santa cruz so thats easy for me. does not having a cat effect the db level? its to bad that laguna is in such a liberal and populated area.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I've heard even some bikes with stock pipes get sent home too. Depending on the model I guess some are louder than others on older years :dontknow:
thats f*cked up, how depressing would that be, go through the effort of putting your bike back to stock, go all the way there pay for the Td and then get turned down, oh man id be pissed

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ON a lighter note.. I plan to stay at the naval training facility there. 30 bucks a night.. Lots of room on there for anyone that's interested..

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
thats f*cked up, how depressing would that be, go through the effort of putting your bike back to stock, go all the way there pay for the Td and then get turned down, oh man id be pissed
Yeah, I can't confirm it but I was talking to a guy my last trackday that told me the same thing as Flip. They have db levels around the track and even if it is stock, if you exceed the limit so many times you get sent home. Sucks for sure.

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts
micheal csysz (sizz) lead instructor for skip barber superbike school @ laguna

i have fam in monterey and santa cruz so tats easy for me. does not having a cat effect the db level? its to bad that laguna is in such a liberal and populated area.
those same liberals that got decibel limits to become law; also run their 1/2 million dollar cars there. they point the exhaust out to the left so they never blow sound, but are breaking the limit all day long. ridiculous, huh?

for those that haven't ridden the track. these are about the best lines to take for a good pace & fun filled day @ a legendary track
enjoy
:banger:
he mounts up around :34 secs

Yeah, I can't confirm it but I was talking to a guy my last trackday that told me the same thing as Flip. They have db levels around the track and even if it is stock, if you exceed the limit so many times you get sent home. Sucks for sure.
pretty sure the db is 92 or less. db dawg busters will quiet the tail pipe & it's not pointing directly @ sound booth, going up the hill as you exit t5.
like an r6. if you've gutted your intake & have an aftermarket air filter bmc/k&n/whatever, it could make too much noise. there are again methods of getting this quieter just in case you get black flagged. if you have db dawg decibel killers then it's likely the intake bringing the black flag. r6s are notorious for getting side lined as both their intake & exhaust make too much noise. stock intake w/stock filter............crazy & an aftermarket pipe
w/out a plug. last but not least, go up a gear higher up the hill so it's not as loud. course, you'll lose a bit of momentum going up the hill, but @ least you won't get black flagged again. pretty sure you only get two chances to black flag w/most every trackday provider @ that track. it's policy, i believe
might want to call laguna to confirm.

http://www.dirtwerkz.com/Pages/products/exhaust/dB_Dawg.html

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool vid... I bet that's why most people get turned off about doing a td in seca...

Its like asking the band to play softly at a metallica concert.. lol...

1 - 20 of 76 Posts