Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a double bubble for a racebody? Bought some sharkskinz and realized I won't be using my third eye on it, so who makes a longer windscreen?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
an '08. Never even thought about this problem until they came in and I went to mock it up to see what it would look like lol

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
So there is just like that 1/2 gap along the bottom where the third eye would be eh?

I dont think anyone makes a windscreen to go down an extra 1/2 inch for that...

I dont know why the fairing if it axed the thrid eye why it wouldnt come up that extra bit to take it out?

Maybe try putting the windscreen on there again and pushing it all the way to the bottom of it?

I dunno..

Racers chime in!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh man my mobile failed me, didn't know you had replied lol.....

I tried it with the stock windscreen, no dice.

It's a sharkskinz body--that I like VERY much by the way.

I'll try it again, and report back. I'm really hoping I'm not being a dumbass about it though and it does in fact fit LOL

·
Registered
805 Posts
one of the things we non-racers never think about but now I'm pondering like crazy!

epoxy a kazoo in there, it would give you an estimate of how fast you're going, and help you find your bike in a crowd on a windy day!

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
you can use the stock oem windscreen.

any of the puig dbl bubble screens or
zero gravity dbl bubble screens.

i use the puig 2MM clear dbl bubble windscreen on my armour bodies track skins.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Same problem on the 03/04 sharkskin body. Zero gravity made one to fit mine. Poor quality screen though. Grab scratched up stock screen and fiberglass. It's what I finally did.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I have sold a crap load of Puigs and ZeroGravs...

And I can't see why a race skin company would make their front fairing not come up to where the windscreen stops...

You arn't going to keep your third eye on there but take out your headlights lol.
So why would they ever leave the slot open for it on the 07+ head fairings?

The hotbodies doesnt seem to have that issue from what I can see..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
one of the things we non-racers never think about but now I'm pondering like crazy!

epoxy a kazoo in there, it would give you an estimate of how fast you're going, and help you find your bike in a crowd on a windy day!
For the record, I don't do trackdays yet. Pisses me off, I live <2 hours from Jennings, and haven't been yet. I'm just trying to do something different with my bike, and so I bought the racebody and am forming a single projector into it.

Any track guys know what the deal is?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts