Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Story: At a bmw meet around my area, parked in shaded area away from cars in parking lot.

Came outside to chit chat from restaruant and someone yelled out that a guy hit my bike. He was in front of the guys car, who I guess was trying to get away.

I go over, see my bike down, and I am calm because I know its going to get fixed. I tell the driver to turn the ignition off, he doesnt comply. I open the door, tell him to get out- was even about to reach inside and take off his belt, but I dont know if hes got a shank or something.
So he gets out, I ask for his drivers license so I can take it and go look at my bike. He doesnt have anything. No papers, no nothing. So I direct him over at my bike so I can know he's there while I check it out.

My bike is resting on a 2ft wooden planter. I lift it up and notice my front fairing is cracked in the corner, and tank a bit scuffed up. Nothing major.
Rear sets were a bit scuffed, clip ons ok, levers ok, sliders scuffed a tad.

The guy who hosted the meet and owner of the restaraunt are going to deal with his worker. We exchanged info and he's going to pay out of pocket for damages because it was on his property and I guess to save the workers ass. Sounds good as I hate ******* dealing with time, and waiting on people/paperwork.

I did notice later that some other small things may be fucked up that holds up the fairing. I'll have pics up in a sec, just need a cig break.
Please let me know how much you think damages are, how long to fix, and if I should get every single thing damaged fixed, because I don't expect to have him pay for new rear sets.

CLIFF NOTES:

At a car meet, some worker guy hit my bike.
Owner of restaraunt/host of meet going to pay for damages.
Cracked front fairing and small scuffs.

·
Ocho Cinco
1,715 Posts
I think he should pay for EVERYTHING that was damaged!!! He knocked it down like a dumbass!!! Make him pay for it! Anything and Everything... why should you suffer, because he's dumb???

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
So the guy doesn't have a lisencse, he's car isn't registered and he doens't have insurance?

Hmm... illegal worker? I say make the owner of the resturant pay to replace EVERYTHING. That guy shouldn't even have been there. Ofcourse I am assuming he is an illegal worker. Why else would the owner of the resturant want to pay out of pocket? Unless he really is a cool cat, then I'd try to work somthing out with him but those are far and few in between these days.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I take it he must have been an illegal worker, which is why the owner (young cat) wants to pay out of pocket. I just don't want to be ****.

Violence isn't my nature, you'd have to do something really bad to make me mad. And if that happens, and I am able to beat your ass, you would pretty much be stuffed in a desk drawer. - Seriously

I was surprised I was calm the whole time.

Here are the pics and 2 other ones just so I don't get mad later.

Spool

Slider

Left mid fairing (I have other scratches on top by PO, but should I just have him pay for paint or a whole new piece?)

Mirror

Knocked out my air ram cover

Not sure what else is messed up inside

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
awww thats awful...i need a beer.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
dont settle for less than what he did, if he did all that damage then have him pay for all that damage, why shoul you suffer now

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well the mid fairing was scratched on top by the previous owner, the damage today added some more, so I'm not sure if I should replace the whole thing or not. I don't want to be a **** to the restaraunt owner, and plus I am part of the bmw community.

I don't want to be cut-throat if I don't have to be. Because I know those 2 fairings are like 700$ a lone. Then I have my sliders which is another 100ish, mirrors... tank.. **** I dont want to think about it. /takes a sip of the sapporo

here are the tank shots

before plexus polish

after

another happy pic... my old vfr is back!! vtwin baby!! god i love that sound.. just gotta get a battery and hope it works...

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
You need to fix that bike to the way it was. It will cost a grip of money too to do it right, probably much more than what that guy thinks. About the Interceptor, I love that bike. One of my friends has a cherry 1985 Honda 500 Interceptor. He bought it off an old man who kept it covered in his garage for years. It has only 5k on it and the paint, fairings, stickers, etc. are all perfect still. It basically looks like a brand new bike, but it is 21 years old...so you see the difference in technology or the lack there of. Still....awesome bike that is fun to ride. Hell, if its got a motor and brakes I'll ride it!

·
Premium Member
51,156 Posts
Sorry about your bad luck but accident happens
on the positive side it happened while the bike
was parked

As far as repairs make a list of all the damages
and get part prices from ronayers and provide
an estimate to the rest owner if you are being
fair and square which i know u are there is no
one reason to make you feel bad is there

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
If it was basically mint before he fawked it up, make him pay for it ALL.
Check your levers for stress marks, scrapes or if they're bent.
My bike got dropped at a party a couple of weeks ago.
My brake lever was bent down and I didn't have much stopping power because it would hit the killswitch and when trying to turn it to the right, it didn't clear the right mid and scratched it.
Don't overlook scrapes on your tail, even if it's small.
A BMW and a restaurant and under the table employees.....
Yeah, he can pay for it all, haha.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.