Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 6ft. Had two previous bikes. Narrowed down my search to the the Gixer and the R6. Anyone riden both, how about opinions. I don't want to start a heated debate, just looking for feedback.

Thanks guys and gals, nice forum!!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I dont know... I know Ive ridden the R6 and I didnt like it so much... Its great looking, but I didnt particularly like being on it. The biggest thing is I cant flat foot both feet when on it. Im 5'11 and I have always been able to flat foot on every other bike.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
honestly, you should ask on an R6 forum and ask the same question on a Gixr forum....you should be able to get better answers besides "they're both great bikes, get the one that looks good to you" or "r6 is very track oriented bike" types of obvious answers.
and oh yeah
EDIT: I can't forget about these answers. "GIXXRS ARE FOR SQUIDS!"

·
Simmonds steak Do not leave the kitchen without it
14,811 Posts
jjh600RR said:
This type of question is best asked in a neutral setting.

Personally, I'm leaning towards a GSXR-750.
+1
friends have both bikes, we always trade off. The 750 has a nice feel to her.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Between the two I'd say CBR600RR. :fiddy:

·
Registered
236 Posts
yea 600rr PERIOD

·
Registered
421 Posts
Im going to be honest. The gixxers seem to be smaller than the R6 and RR. Im 6'3'' myself and I could not fit on the gixxer comfortably. That was in 04 though on the 04 model. Maybe it is just me though. The gixxer seems like a shorter person bike... or used too! The new ones fit me okay. The R6 is a great bike, with good gearing from the factory... Its a wheelie machine(throttle wheelies) in first compared to the RR. Then again it comes with a 16/48(Im talking the 03-05 models, not sure on the new ones) and the RR comes with 16/42.

Seat comfort wise, the new gixxer has a nice seat on it, along with a nice passenger seat and the exhaust on the gixxer looks WAY better than the R6.

Looks wise, I would say the RR is the best looking bike, and Im not saying that because I have one... I have one b/c thats what I think looks the best. Then the gixxer and then the R6. Total comfort wise, I would say the RR is the most comfortable for my height, but thats my opinion.

Im order on everything I would rank them RR, Gixxer, then R6. And Like I said, im not being biased, I could have purchased any of them, but I chose honda for the reasons stated above, also because of their reputation of superior build quality and strong motors. Honda's seem to be the bikes that break down the least. I have heard that suzuki really stepped thier game up with the new models and the quality is A LOT better than it has been in the past.

Good luck with the decision and let us know how it goes.

Trevor

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
I rode the 06 r6. If you aint gonna track it, the bike is GARBAGE for the street. Absolulty no fun at all. Pulls like a dog.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
New 07 600rr will be the smallest 600 on the market, the new gixxers are pretty damn small, even the gixxer 1k feels tiny.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
i'd go for the gixxer as well. the 750's are nice and very well balanced. haven't heard too much on the r6 but i think it produces the most power between the 3 (RR/GSXR/R6).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts