Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everytime i downshift from a high gear down with the clutch out, i hear a loud thud once it reach 1st or 2nd gear. Is that suppose to happen, because nothing should have happen when the clutch is press rite?

D

·
0 Posts
Try shifting down to 1st faster without the engine speed dropping too much, or give a little gas as you're going to go through neutral.

D

·
0 Posts
If it's done all the time, it can do some damage. You just gotta learn how to shift correctly.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's Alive!!!

I have this thud also. Is this normal? Shifting correctly doesn't have a thing to do with it since the clutch is in all the way.

Mine has a loud thud once I put it in first, No matter if I'm in neutral-first, or shifting down as I come to a stop.

I assume it's normal, but it worries me...

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
rev match. That is the answer to all your questions. yea it causes damage over time. Just blip the throttle when shifting down into first. There is a thread on here with a whole chart of the gears and what is happening when it thunks.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
rev match. That is the answer to all your questions. yea it causes damage over time. Just blip the throttle when shifting down into first. There is a thread on here with a whole chart of the gears and what is happening when it thunks.
Are you suggesting that whe you first start your bike and go to put it into 1st (assuming you're in Neutral), that blipping the throttle will eliminate the thud????

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
+ 1 for the thud going from neutral to first. This always occurs for me with going into first whether moving for stopped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts