Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup Guys? I have a problem when downshifting. Lets say im going to downshift and I press the shift lever down it goes but will not engage the gear all the way I can let the clutch out a little and then the gear will engage...any ideas on this ???

·
Registered
487 Posts
I experience this as well. My guess is that some particular part of the transmission is worn. I have no intimate knowledge of transmissions though.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
i started a thread bout this and was told its the nature of the transmission system. does it mostly only happen when gearing to the lower gears, 1st/2nd? if so think its normal, happens on most 600rr`s i think or it does on my 08 anyway.

D

·
0 Posts
Are you moving or at a stop? Have you adjusted the shift lever to properly throw into the next gear with your foot position and riding footwear?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I experience the same thing as well. I have an 03'rr. This normally occurs when I'm coming to a stop or a "quick stop". I need to let out the clutch a tad to switch gears. I'm used to it now so it doesn't bother me anymore.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Are you moving or at a stop? Have you adjusted the shift lever to properly throw into the next gear with your foot position and riding footwear?

mine seems to happen when i`m at a stop, if the wheels are moving its fine it`ll jus slip right in. like the guy above tho sometimes you have to come to an abrupt stop so you may find yourself in a higher gear when your at a stand still. sometimes it happens then.

D

·
0 Posts
mine seems to happen when i`m at a stop, if the wheels are moving its fine it`ll jus slip right in. like the guy above tho sometimes you have to come to an abrupt stop so you may find yourself in a higher gear when your at a stand still. sometimes it happens then.
That is normal. You should be downshifting to 1st or neutral when coming to a stop, even an emergency stop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah it can happen 2,3,4 gear normal downshifting not sudden stops
also when i downshift into first while moving say 15-20miles per hour and up its a hard downshift you can feel the hole bike shift

1 - 9 of 9 Posts