Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just bought an 06 R6 with a 2 bros. slip-on exhaust and everything else is stock. He claims he could "kick my ass" in at the local drag strip. I have an 03 RR with both the drive sprocket and rear sprocket geared for acceleration (+1/-2) and a custom mapped PC. I realize rider skill has a lot to do with it, but we have both been riding for a few years now. What do u guys think my chances are?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$25 to prove this guy wrong, drag strip opens up may 4. By the way, i found out that this kid spent $12,000 on his R6 and all that it has done to it is a slip on and integrated taillight. WORST DEAL OF THE CENTURY!!! Im looking forward to beating this guy...

·
Registered
322 Posts
$25 to prove this guy wrong, drag strip opens up may 4. By the way, i found out that this kid spent $12,000 on his R6 and all that it has done to it is a slip on and integrated taillight. WORST DEAL OF THE CENTURY!!! Im looking forward to beating this guy...
unless dude can't ride.. he should be able to take you.. those new R6's have top end from hell.. if you had an 05-06 600RR you might maybe could pull it off.. But not with the 03

·
Registered
893 Posts
unless dude can't ride.. he should be able to take you.. those new R6's have top end from hell.. if you had an 05-06 600RR you might maybe could pull it off.. But not with the 03
ummmmmmmm....... so your saying an 05/06 is going to have a much better quarter mile time than an 03/04??????????? i don't think so.

Country, I think you should be able to get him, if not, it would be damn close.

Rider calls this one.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
you can take him, it just boils down to rider skill.

·
Registered
201 Posts
YZF-R6 ('06) 10.738 @ 132.94
CBR600RR ('03) 10.73 @ 129.7

R6 - Low ass middle end where it counts...

Compared to the 03 600RR

600RR makes almost 20 more hp at 9,000rpms than the R6.

Considering your geared, race him from a dig or a slow roll start, like 50mph.

You cant lose.

·
Registered
322 Posts
ummmmmmmm....... so your saying an 05/06 is going to have a much better quarter mile time than an 03/04??????????? i don't think so.

Country, I think you should be able to get him, if not, it would be damn close.

Rider calls this one.
yeah... the 03 04's are fat..

oh, and even with a 05/06.. you'd stilll have a tough time

The R6 is faster period.

after the 1/8th.. the R6 will pull by the 03RR.. no doubt

·
Registered
322 Posts
take a look at ur mph fella..

once the R6 moves out.. its going by the RR..

MPH shows how well the bike is moving out on the top end.. really shows the HP

Considering the two arn't pros, noones gonna get a jim dandy whole shot.. so the higher hp bikes gonna have the advantage..

YZF-R6 ('06) 10.738 @ 132.94
CBR600RR ('03) 10.73 @ 129.7

R6 - Low ass middle end where it counts...

Compared to the 03 600RR

600RR makes almost 20 more hp at 9,000rpms than the R6.

Considering your geared, race him from a dig or a slow roll start, like 50mph.

You cant lose.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Here is a overlap to show the difference in HP where it counts.

The mph is higher on the R6 by 3mph. True, that determines roll races. But the 600RR is geared, which reaches the same speed in less time, HP cant account for that acceleration from the geared 600RR. It will AFTER a 1/4 mile, but it cant beat it TO a 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i'm telling you from expierience.. i'm seein it happen..
and that is a very generous 03 hp rating.. on the same dyno on the same day.. no way an 03 600RR would be that close to an R6...

on the same day if an R6 is reading a 112 hp rating.. a 03 600RR may be putting down 103-105ish...

now an 07 RR is a different story

how you have the same curve for an 03 & a 06..?

Here is a overlap to show the difference in HP where it counts.

The mph is higher on the R6 by 3mph. True, that determines roll races. But the 600RR is geared, which reaches the same speed in less time, HP cant account for that acceleration from the geared 600RR. It will AFTER a 1/4 mile, but it cant beat it TO a 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Just race and get it figured out. Thats only way to know who will win. I have raced an 06 R1 on my 600RR and pulled ahead of dude til end of third, which is past 1/4 mile. Also have gone against the 636 and took it. Its all rider on the new sportbikes. they are all fast. give it a go, don't hit your rev limiter, and have some fun

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
bench racing the 06 R6 wins but in reality both of the bikes mentioned can beat each other, anyway put Ricky Gadson on any of those 600's & he can beat any literbike he's up against on the strip.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts