Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went riding today, and didnt get low enough to get my knee down but i did get my toe down lol

:-o

Mom said if i drag my knee shes kicking me out of the house, she didnt say anything about my toe.

First time touching down.. aside from a crash.. and it was a good feeling! note to all- i am riding responsibly

Dont tease!!! Its a start :)

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
get your balls of your feet on the pegs. You shouldn't be draggin toe.

I guess congrats though...LOL

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hehehe,

I was doing a 15 mph hairpin turn over and over today trying to get my form!
I got a book called Total control and have been trying to find my sweet spot. I'll ride and say "ohh i need to lean further" or "ohh im fighting my bars" and i relaxed and it made quite the difference!! im still trying to practice to get my form down and was practicing on my turn. Foot position is a thing i need to work on. my feet dont hang off like a duck but finding a comfortable spot for them in turn is a pain, and trying to stay on my toes.

Well i came in the turn and relaxed, leaned and pushed and was hanging off pretty good. i was expecting to maybe touch down my knee but hit my toe... lol ..

Well it was fun.. and exciting, still working on getting that knee down!
:beer:

Manta600rr said:
hey toobs, i just realized a while back that you were the one that told me about this site from one of the groups on myspace. I just thought i'd let you know and thanks this site is awesome. Congratulations on your toe drag hahaha
NP man! glad you enjoy

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Just keep the balls of your feet on the pegs and you will get used to it. I keep the balls of my feet on the pegs and my heels against the heel guards. When I first started riding like that it wasn't comfortable but now it's uncomfortable to ride any other way.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yup, on corner entry, scoot your but over the the inside and pull your foot up so that your toes are on the peg. If you drag toe doing this, then I'll be impressed.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
toobs... not to rag on you but your feet need to be tucked in more... I've dragged my toe sliders a couple of times too and it's cause my feet were hanging out instead of being tucked in... congrats on gettin the bike leaned over but put your feet in! no point in dragging what you don't have to.

N

·
0 Posts
Everyone's in such a rush to drag their knee that they go from step 1 to step 4, forgetting steps 2-3 which is why you have so many people with bad body positioning and dragging their toes. And I was one of them. You should have seen my first trackday video. I looked good, but I had no idea what I was doing. My body just didn't feel right. I was dragging toes like crazy. One toe dragging incident caused my bike to skip 2 feet to the side. I almost pissed in my suit!

Toobs, just take your time, bro. Don't rush yourself. Learn the art.

Now the below steps is what I've been taught (Keith Code School) and what I learned from reading and personal experience.

1) Start off by just leaning with your upper torso. Don't scoot your butt or anything. Feel comfortable, and get this down till it becomes a natural reaction. Keep doing this for not just one practice session but do it for days, weeks, and if need be months. As you progress, lean off more and more, keeping your upper torso low like you're kissing the mirrors, look through the turns.

2) Once you got the above down, use your knee/upper thigh to grip the side of the tank as your turning. Now, don't forget to hang off and lean with your upper torso as I mentioned above. Now, the purpose of this step is NOT to drag your knees or to see how far you can lean the bike over. As you're turning, try to feel and place all your weight on your outer leg. <----very important for the step 3. And don't forget to keep your arms, wrist, practically your whole body relaxed and look through the turns. DO NOT DO THIS:

Placing your feet on the balls is recommended for the inner leg, not so much for the outer leg. But you can leave it for both if you choose--no harm, no foul.

3) Scoot one butt cheek over, apply steps 1 and 2. However, you'll want your body positioning (BP) parallel to the bike. Personally, I feel this is the toughest step because ALMOST all your weight should feel as if it's placed on the outer leg. And don't be lazy on your turns, flick that bike over. The sensation, if done properly, will feel awkward at first because it feels as if you're gliding or flying right next to your bike. Take your time. Get this down, and feel comfortable. It should look something like this: No it's not me.

4) Once you have all 3 steps down, the transition from step 3 to step 4 should be easy, to an extent I guess. You should NOW feel so comfortable somewhat hanging off, that you don't even feel like ANY weight is placed on your inner leg, your leaning with your upper torso, whole body is just relaxed, your countersteering, looking through the turns, flicking the bike, everything just flows naturally, and you're on one butt cheek.

Now, scoot your butt cheek almost completely off the seat. Don't forget about gripping your tank with your knee/upper thing, placing what I would say 85% of your weight on the outer leg. As your turning, stick out your knee, lean the bike, more, more, MORE, and TOUCH DOWN!!!

Congratulations, you just passed Nemesis's school on how to properly drag knee....hahahaha!!!

If anyone else wants to add their .02 please do so.

***Disclaimer***
"I ain't responsible if you crash your bike, foo!":toothy4:

Here's a helpful hints:

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I remember the first time I dragged the toes of my boots, scared the hell out of me, but it got me to repostion my feet after that.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Nemesis said:
What's wrong with this pic?
Looks like the middle of his foot is on the peg's insted of the balls of his feet (dragging his toe)

Also looks like his outside arm is to stiff.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Toobs said:
Hehehe,

I got a book called Total control and have been trying to find my sweet spot.
I have that same book.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts