Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Vortex framesliders and I noticed when I was cleaning my bike the other day that I'm barely dragging them. A friend of mine told me that I'm probably leaning more than I need to in turns, and he is right. I caught myself not hanging off the bike like I should in turns.
Does anyone else scrape their framesliders in turns? Should I cut about an inch off the slider pucks, or just adjust my form?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Definatly adjust your form. The less leaned over the bike is, the larger your contact patch which will let you go faster through the turns. Plus youll look cooler hanging off your bike. :cool:

·
Registered
485 Posts
you should not be dragging your frame sliders ever. you need to take steps very quickly to stop that. if you need to saw some off untill you perfect your technique, then do that. but if you hit a bump or a rough patch of pavement, or any surface irregularity while your sliders are close to touching, you'll crash. i almost promise that the front tire will loose contact and you'll wash out before you even know what happened.
so saw some off today, then go ride and work on your form untill you get it right.
but, i'll repeat. this is DANGEROUS! FIX IT NOW OR YOU MAY CRASH

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
WFO said:
I have Vortex framesliders and I noticed when I was cleaning my bike the other day that I'm barely dragging them. A friend of mine told me that I'm probably leaning more than I need to in turns, and he is right. I caught myself not hanging off the bike like I should in turns.
Does anyone else scrape their framesliders in turns? Should I cut about an inch off the slider pucks, or just adjust my form?
I have the vortex sliders and have dragged them too. I think the cause is a little bit of both, sliders too long and body position. Here is a pic of me in a turn where I think I touched m right slider. Looks like I need to get off the bike a little more.

·
Registered
485 Posts
so you guys drag sliders before you touch a peg feeler down? your sliders suck ass. buy different ones.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
FOX said:
so you guys drag sliders before you touch a peg feeler down? your sliders suck ass. buy different ones.
They might be running aftermarket rearsets....higher pegs, and no peg feelers.

But I agree, the Vortex sliders are just way too damn long. My Intuitive sliders are even a tad long for my tastes.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
spike976, I agree the bike does look a little low, but it could be due to the natural compression of the suspension as the bike enters the corner.

And yes, there IS such a thing as leaning (the bike) too much. Decreased contact patch, in conjunction with other factors (cold tires, cold surface), and you have a lowside.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have a set of PRO-TEK sliders and they are very long. I drug my knee, slider, and stock peg and I was all the way off the bike. It upset the chasis a little but I didnt lowside. I definetly was leaning off cause my azz wasnt on the seat!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
My bike isnt lowered at all.

·
Registered
932 Posts
WFO, if you are using race tires on the track and are getting off of the bike, go ahead a cut a little off of the frame sliders. If you are using street tires...you are leaned over way too much and should get off of the bike more. Your bike should never be that far over on street tires. Just my two cents...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I rode my little track yesterday and was making damn sure to hang off my bike to lean as least as posible and I don't think I scraped. It looks like I might have touched the right one down, but I'm not positive due to the scuff that was already there. I'm going to keep working on my form, and I'm also going to go ahead and cut about half of the sliders off. They're just plain out too long.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Same problem here. I have ProTek Sliders too. This Sunday at the track I was dragging pegs and sliders. Pegs will be easy to correct as I have planned to buy some aftermarket rear sets this winter anyway. As for the sliders, I'm not exactly sure. I have been told I'm off the bike too far as it is, so I don't think I'll try to get off any more. Maybe I'll just keep dragging the sliders till the get worn down a little as they are really long anyway. I feel comfy in my riding position and don't really want to go through knee pucks any faster, so I guess I'll deal with it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
nah, i dragged my vortex too, i have the 2 piece with black pucks and for a while i was wondering what the scuff was, when i figured it out i realized i needed to change some things!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
" i needed to change some things!!"
yeah like those crappy crash cages you guys call sliders... i guess they are fine if your a stunter or just looking pretty... but if you guys are touching them, you need some satos.

BTW: if your on street tires and your grinding pegs your asking for it too. those feelers are there to tell you something. but if your on race or track tires then disreguard this.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts