Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the track today and I´m starting to dragg my pegs. The feelers are half gone. Am I close to the limit or can I lean some more? Should I adjust my suspension?

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
never hurts to adjust your suspension. You've probably still got plenty more you can lean...I'd suggest some rearsets to give you the extra clearance.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Get your butt out of the seat and kiss the mirror. You shouldn't be dragging hard parts. go with what USMC said and get some aftermarket rearsets, and slide out of the seat. The further you are off the bike, the less that the bike has to lean, thus, leaving you more traction and more cornerspeed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My butt is off the bike and I´m trying to kiss the nonexistant rear view mirrors while dragging my knee sliders. I´m using all of the front tire but still got 1 mm left on the rear :dontknow: And my pegs are dragging in slow corners.

The reason I was asking was because someone said that I shoulden´t lean any further. I´m pretty new to the track. Only been riding 5 track days. I guess i should practise on leaning more and trying to keep the bike more upright but still as fast in the slower corners.

Thx for all the answers :icon_salu

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I agree with the rest of the guys. You shouldn't be dragging hard parts. On your next track day have someone follow you around with a video camera so you can study your body position. It's almost impossible to know what your body position actually is when you're on the bike. If no one can follow you then have someone camp out in a slow corner and film you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sounds good. I´ll ask someone the next time. I guess I should lean as much as possible with my upper and lower body. I´ve just been reading Twist of the wrist II and going to CSS track school next month. Hopefully they can sort me out some.

What video camera should I be getting to put on a bike??

·
Registered
226 Posts
Back should be as gone as the front. You prob got more if you still got strips on the back. Hanging way off and diving into the turns then driving way out may be what you are doing. Get those feelers off and ride it. That rear should be lit up way more than the front.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
blip said:
Back should be as gone as the front. You prob got more if you still got strips on the back. Hanging way off and diving into the turns then driving way out may be what you are doing. Get those feelers off and ride it. That rear should be lit up way more than the front.
That´s probably what I´m doing. Thanks for the input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts