Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of may have already heard or seen, but for those who haven't, dragon tail is closed right now. There was a huge rock slide a few weeks back, here is the link to the pictures Dragon Tail Rock Slide

Construction starts on or before April 5. The clean up is to be completed by July 31. For every day the contractor finishes early, they get an incentive. Here is the link to the details of that. http://news.tennesseeanytime.org/node/4837

Just thought I'd share this.

·
Registered
136 Posts
From what I've heard, you can still get there from the NC side..I'm not sure exactly where the rock slide is on the dragon tho...

·
Registered
312 Posts
by the pictures.. That looks like the slide happened between the gas station at the bottom and the very end of the actual Dragon... The part where you can cruise at like 100 and watch idiots jump off the bridges lol

I'm my opinion, if you entered via skyway I think they should let bikers ride it, and not let any passing traffic come through. As 99% of bikers go down and come back up multiple times.

Dragon store at the top/beginning of the Dragon is going to go bankrupt if they don't clear the road up, lol shits so expensive there they only have a chance to make most of their money in the late Spring/summer/beginning of Fall so i guess it's got to be..

Projected clean-up date is like June? + Contractor is getting 6500$ for every calendar day he finishes the cleanup before that date.. I was reading it on East Tn Riders the other day.. Kinda old as it happened a while ago..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts