Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else ever seen this kit for the 600 (see pics below)? It's a CBR600RR base (engine, frame, exhaust and basically everything else) with fairings that include some integrated lights - not the rear turn signals, however. The sides look a bit like a Gixxer. I saw one at a friend's office today and thought it was a Chinese knock-off bike, but it turns out it's "Spanish" and comes with a Honda guarantee. I put Spanish in quotes because it's really a Honda with a cover. I think it looks ridiculous and the price is about €3000 more than a Honda (that's over $4000), but to each their own. There are apparently only 100!!! Hahaha, anyone who buys this at the price listed needs a slap, but at least it's a little different, even if not in a good way. At that price, they should've at least threw in a complete aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
looks like a body kit that the import kids buy for their cars. the tail end looks out of place because it seems much higher than ours. it's definitely different though.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
UUuuuggghhhh!!! Looks like it's made for a power ranger toy. "GO, go, Power rangers......Mighty morphen power rangers." lol

·
Registered
666 Posts
So I'm the only one that likes it? I think it looks pretty cool. If for no practical purpose, it would be cool to have a bike no one has seen before.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
The upper cowl when viewing from the side looks a bit too bulky. Also, the tail section is a bit bulky too. I think that it has a mean look to it if you ask me, but needs a little bit of improvement.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Saw the thing again today and looked closer. The finish does not look that good. The passenger seat kind of sits in the tail, but is high enough to rise above it a bit as in the pic, but there are deep grooves in it that don't look comfortable. The good thing about that tail is that it's so high up I think you could fit a couple of cans of food under it to heat up with the exhaust.

The overlap on the front fairing over the side and the tiny ram-air intake look badly thought out, though I doubt either make any diff most of the time. The whole thing looks a little fat, too.

I really don't like it and it looks so huge I didn't think it was a 600RR until I noticed the swingarm and decided to look it up online. For the cost, a lot better could be done. For example, spend less money and just get an 848 EVO. Still, at least it's different.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts