Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have some bad news about DrDaveNasty (Dave) from Tampa. On April 25th Dave highsided at JenningsGP in North Florida. Estimates are he was traveling about 80 - 90 mph into turn one. He was ripping it up all day and was passing other riders in the Intermediate class in turn one left and right. There is a long 150+ straight that leads into turn one and Dave would carry the speed into the turn and drag some serious knee to get past the slower riders. In one of the afternoon sessions Dave went down hard after a highspeed highside that sent him off the track in turn one and he suffered a severe head injury which caused him to stop breathing for approximately 4 to 5 minutes. After the paramedics started has breathing again they airlifted him out to a hospital in Jacksonville. Dave was combative with parapmedics and hospital employees which is normal for someone as confused as he must have been with this type of head trauma. Last Friday Dave was released from the hospital in Jacksonville and came back to Tampa with orders from the Dr. to have someone with him 24 hrs a day. He still shows many signs of post concussion syndrome including severe headaches, drowsiness, irritablity(especially with his wife) and denial that anything is wrong with him. He even told a friend he remembers jumping up after the accident and being surprised he wasn't hurt worse??? :( Although it appears he is getting a little better everyday...I don't think he will be able to ride for sometime. Just thought the people who know Dave would like to know and I know we are all concerned for each other since we share a common bound. Take care out there.

www.streetknights.com

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Best wishes to Dave. I've gone down in turn one also, lowside only for me though. Highsiding there is bad news. Hope he gets better soon.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Damn, is this Dave from 600rr.org or am I thinking of someone else??? Either that sucks!

God Bless.
Jason

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I was praying it was not the same guy that I spoke with so many times but I can see that it is. :(

Hope Dave gets well soon, he has been nothing but more than nice & helpful to me.

God bless, heads up Dave!

Jason

1 - 10 of 10 Posts