Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,appologies if im reinveting the wheel but I have an issue with the Fi light constantly on,from the time i turn the key on it stays light!The speedo was not working so i had the speed sensor replaced.Ive jumped the DLC and the light will not flash at all it just stays lit and would like to resolve it.I have searched and read other threads and my thinking is i need to erase the error code from the ecm but that just wont work.The bike runs well.

Bike:Cbr 600RR 2003 with Yoshi slipon.

Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
932 Posts
I am having the same problem, iv had a post on the forums for close to a week and still no solution. I don't have a stock pipe ether.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
hi guys, I see there's a few with this problem recently so I've been going through my haynes manual. I don't know if any of this info will help but it's worth a try.

so according to this book, if the red MIL & FI lights are on while the bike's running then a fault has occured in the FI system. The ECM will store the fault code & through a series of flashes can be read.

Now for the guys with the solid FI light, the book says:

# of flashes = zero - no code (warning light stays constantly on) - engine runs normally - possible causes are: (1) short circuit in data link connector or wiring or (2) faulty ECM

my book tells me all the flash codes so if you do get flashes let me know & I'll try to tell you what it is. also this book is based on a stock bike so I have no idea how aftermarket parts will affect these codes, but a proper honda dealer should be able to run a full diagnostic

hope this helps in some way

OR shoichiro honda's suggestion could be the answer

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tried jumping the brown and green wires on the DLC nothing happens,also tried the black/White and the and brown nothing happens,i think the black\white and green popped the fuse.could it be a bad IAT sensor?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've done a visual inspection but have not seen any vacuum pipes unplugged etc...maybe it could be a short circuit in the DLC but how will i know that?

·
Registered
932 Posts
I'm having the same problem when jumping them, yesterday I went through all the connectors and put electric grease in all of them including the ground and had no luck. I ended up unplugging the battery and let it sit over night. I'm going to try again tonight.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
666 Posts
Why are you guys trying to jump connections this is the reason a short is occurring in the dlc which makes your FI light remain on....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts