Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Reseting the ecm is to clear any codes but your light is constant with no codes... Get a multimeter your green wire is ground ck for continuity to chasis ground. Do the same cks for other wires

·
Registered
932 Posts
Tried fixing it again tonight I got a multimeter and checked the dlc and there no power to it over a volt. I checked all the wires and checked the front dash wires as well.

Which wires do I jump to get the code and or which ones do I check with the multimeter

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I think its the green and brown wires,my thinking is maybe it wont flash or erase the error codes because the problem is still there

·
Registered
743 Posts
IMHO, download a copy of the service manual. All the electrical troubleshooting is in there and it walks you through it. It will be much easier than playing the guessing game with a bunch of strangers that aren't looking at you bike. I'm always paranoid about electrical crap so I always consult my service manual before the forum. The last thing you want to do is make things worse by frying a sensor or some sh!t

·
Registered
666 Posts
Tried fixing it again tonight I got a multimeter and checked the dlc and there no power to it over a volt. I checked all the wires and checked the front dash wires as well.

Which wires do I jump to get the code and or which ones do I check with the multimeter

No volt cks. Were looking for a short, a unwanted path to ground set meter on ohms one lead on neg batt one lead on green wire it should read around 0.001. Do the same cks to other 3 wires they should read OL

·
Registered
932 Posts
Ok I tried again
Black/white is reading .300
Green is ground
Orange is ecu and jumping all over the place from OL to other ****
Brown is ecu same as orange

Any ideas?

·
Registered
932 Posts
my battery died so I gotta charge it, how long should a battery last? Could my battery be bad and causing this? I can only leave the lights on for a like 10 min

Anyone know what the current should be on
Black/white
Green
Orange
Brown

·
Registered
932 Posts
I found the problem, the douchebag replaced the ignition with a kawasaki ignition, I ordered blanks and when I took them to Ace they said the key is a kawasaki key. Makes since since the handlebar lock doesn't work, has more lables around the key hole.

Anyone know how good those chinese ones are on ebay? I might buy a whole set to redo the whole bike. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a related problem with the fi light. Sorry if this is thread jacking, but I found a relevant topic. Yesterday night after the epic ravens win, I started my bike and the Fi light came on a few seconds after moving. The bike runs fine without any symptoms or problems. I stopped the bike, put it in neutral, and the kickstand down. It started the code flashes. It did 3 long 5 short. In assume this is 35. I saw in other threads something about egcv error. I turned off the bike and started it again. No fi light for the rest of my 40mi ride back home. What can be the problem?

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi guys, I see there's a few with this problem recently so I've been going through my haynes manual. I don't know if any of this info will help but it's worth a try.

so according to this book, if the red MIL & FI lights are on while the bike's running then a fault has occured in the FI system. The ECM will store the fault code & through a series of flashes can be read.

Now for the guys with the solid FI light, the book says:

# of flashes = zero - no code (warning light stays constantly on) - engine runs normally - possible causes are: (1) short circuit in data link connector or wiring or (2) faulty ECM

my book tells me all the flash codes so if you do get flashes let me know & I'll try to tell you what it is. also this book is based on a stock bike so I have no idea how aftermarket parts will affect these codes, but a proper honda dealer should be able to run a full diagnostic

hope this helps in some way

OR shoichiro honda's suggestion could be the answer
Hi , Can you help me , 2008 600rr , Fi light blinks continuously for infinite counts.... i have counted only till 4-5 mins
and no short or long blinks , they are all long blinks i believe . i have tried clearing the code and it just comes back on. tried servo buddy too and it does'nt work . i have a Yoshi slip on aswell . and the bike runs rides fine ... except in 2nd and 3rd gear at about mid range RPMs , it would sputter when letting go of gas throttle . kinda JERKY i that power range !Please Help !.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
shajeel91 have you done anything to the bike recently? How was the bike running before the FI light came on and how long ago was it? did you research the FI counts to see if they mean anything? I recall something similar with my bike when I removed the throttle bodies and forgot to reconnect some stuff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
shajeel91 have you done anything to the bike recently? How was the bike running before the FI light came on and how long ago was it? did you research the FI counts to see if they mean anything? I recall something similar with my bike when I removed the throttle bodies and forgot to reconnect some stuff.
Thanks for the reply , so i got this bike used from a guy and the FI light was on when i bought it , the speedo meter wasnt working on it back then and i thought it is jsut the speedo sensor . i bought it anyasy , not the speedo problem is fixed (it was not the sensor but the wiring issue )now im left with FI light which is Continuous blinks constantly and i counted till 4 mins which was more than like 40-50 blinks . one thing that i know is the bike is not smooth in the power band , very jerky , specially in the 2-3- gears in around 6-10 k rpms , the higher the RPM the more jerky it is while letting go of the throttle , i wish i can record it some how and show , and also no mods were made , it came with a Yoshi slip on and thats about it , trying to hunt and narrow the problem .

21 - 40 of 40 Posts