Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know what everyone here imagines to be the true dream job..

Id love to be a an electronic music composer/DJ, no specified work hours, super flexible life, life driven by art, and pure fun.

Or.. owning a really funky bike 'stop shop', with cafe, gear, workshop, music.
Id also def be happy with running a Muay Thai stadium/dojo.

Whats your dream job?

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
successfully self employed (working on that one, see signature)

Or stay in the same line of work, Engineering...but do it in like a motoGP or AMA race team. Or just doing design work for race bike components.

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
HONDA Test drive pilot!!! :D
Man... How I wish I could be a test pilot.

·
WCR Racer
1,550 Posts
Wish I could have taken the chance with my friends who are opening a speed shop. Instead I stayed in school and write mortgage contracts and refinance contracts for people. Owning a bar or gym would be cool too.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
Id love to test drive cars for a magazine, like European car or Sports Car International, or EVO.

MadArab, i should be in Bahrain next summer. :D

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Fireworks Coordinator/R&D for Disney Theme Parks

R&D For Grucci fireworks, You'd have to love that, Spend the daytime hours putting together a new experimental shell then blow it up that night with a few beers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Firefighter, im working on that right now. Im moving to Chico on the Aug. 18 to do the fire academy at Butte.

·
Registered
912 Posts
dream job?...im on my way.

get my professional accounting designation (CA - i have another 2 years) and move to the caribbean or the bahamas or somewhere like that. pull in some big US dollars for a few years to pay off the toys, and then move back to the great white north and work 3 to 4 days a week for myself. Should leave lots of time for riding, and lots of cash to pay for it

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
My dream job would be something like one of these people you see on the Discovery or National Geographic channels who go off to live with some remote tribe of native people in a country where a mosquito bite could kill you. Mike Rowe has a TV show called "Dirty Jobs" - on the Discovery channel, he sees some nasty stuff but it all looks like great fun. Just have a camera follow me around with my uberexpense account filming all my adventures and editing them together into 23 minutes of tripe and sell advertising spots.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sign me up for the F-16 please. Lawn Darts R Us.

Actually, after I graduate Culinary, my dream job would be to work as Sous to a truly creative and imaginitive mind, like Thomas Keller or Anthony Bourdain. Bad-ASS Chefs. It'd be tough, grueling, demanding work, but GOD I'd love it.

Barring that, I might apply to be a line cook on a cruise ship in the caribbean. Doesn't get much better than that.

As far as dream "unattainable" jobs go, I'd to be Angelina Jolie's personal "tweaker" for her nude or almost-nude scenes, with a second job owning and operating a dealership/pro shop at Road Atlanta for race bikes (All bikes, not just Suzukis, friggin Schwantz...). Set up a track team for WERA and run trackdays with my own crew.

Would be nice, but hell, just a dream.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
i wanna open up a spot called "The Squid Zone" on the border of MA/NH so squids from mass can "safely" drop off their gear and ride in NH without helmets! i'd also sell wife beaters that say "THE SQUID ZONE" on them.

i'm joking btw.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts