Votes: 20 69.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which is better....
i can think both would have their own pros and cons...

i never owned one of these before and would like some input...
Lowe's and Osh are the closest stores I will be going to to get one of these....

need it for the weekend for some work on the bike.... :icon_lol:

thanks for the input,
d.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I prefer anything cordless over corded.

Now-a-days anyway. Back years ago cordless stuff was pretty crappy, but todays batteries are pretty robust

·
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can i get some part #'s or models, maybe from Lowe's (since that's where I'm planning on going) or anywhere else i guess – would be great, thanks!

:wave:

·
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
K

·
0 Posts
depends on what you're doing. if it's detailed work, get the smaller stylus. if it's larger more rough task, get the larger one.

this is not one of those questions you ask other people. what will YOU be using it for? make the decision yourself. you have to. a full size dremel isn't a good choice for something that takes some finesse and vice versa. a small dremel isn't a good tool to use on a large project.

·
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
depends on what you're doing. if it's detailed work, get the smaller stylus. if it's larger more rough task, get the larger one.

this is not one of those questions you ask other people. what will YOU be using it for? make the decision yourself. you have to. a full size dremel isn't a good choice for something that takes some finesse and vice versa. a small dremel isn't a good tool to use on a large project.

i'm going to mostly be using it on smaller stuff, like my intergraded tail light which i need to trim a bit....
i think so far if i do decide to go cordless would be looking at the 10.8V Dremel Lithium-ion, other then that not sure what i would get if i went the corded route...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Get one with a cord and enough @ss to cut with.

Stay away from the Dremel Cordless (Multi-pro) . It is a toy that has not the power and the battery drains down in mintes.

I use what esentially is the large drywall cutter (rotozip) and put dremel heads in it. However not all dremel heads are large enough at the shaft to fit.

Think about it. How often are you really 10 feet from an outlet? The time (a couple of hours to overnight) you spend wasted to waiting for batteries to charge is just not worth the aggreavation when your are in the midst of a project.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Stay away from the Dremel Cordless (Multi-pro) . It is a toy that has not the power and the battery drains down in mintes.

I use what esentially is the large drywall cutter (rotozip) and put dremel heads in it. However not all dremel heads are large enough at the shaft to fit.

Think about it. How often are you really 10 feet from an outlet? The time (a couple of hours to overnight) you spend wasted to waiting for batteries to charge is just not worth the aggreavation when your are in the midst of a project.
+1... you'll be usually (maybe 95% of the time) in your garage tinkering around stuff... so its better if you get the corded one to have full power through out the project...

·
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, looks like i'm starting to lean the corded way... any suggestions on which one for small/medium projects, mostly will be used around bikes...

i checked out the 400 series and probably will end up getting it unless you guys have better choices.....

·
Registered
368 Posts
I own a corded one, and it works great.The Dremel is about 7 years old. I just hope Michael Jackson keeps away from it.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
i have the 400 series and so for it has served me pretty good no complaint here i ve used it when doing bodywork on my bike and my friends bike and worked great

D

·
0 Posts
With any type of tool that can easily mess something up if there is a loss of power, get corded. I've used both, and the corded dremel is far better. The cordless one just sucks,because 5 minutes into using it it's time to throw the battery back on the charger.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Most anything I use a dremel for takes 5 minutes or more so corded I think is definitely the way to go. Besides, how often are you going to use it out in the woods or somewhere other than your garage that has a zillion places to plug it in? The corded one also has at least twice the speed which could sometimes come in handy.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I've got the corded version - about 9 years old. Works perfectly but I only use it for those small jobs - detail work.
If you get a power inverter for it you can run it off a cigarette lighter socket easily attahed to your bikes battery & you are never away from power.

·
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
picked up the dremel 400, works great!

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
i got the corded version.
batteries suck, go weak overtime and loses it charge and end having to be replaced.
imo...go for the corded. power all the time!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts