Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k im just wondering if anyone on here is drifting....also post some picsor vids of some sick drifts ...ill post some of my own soon.Ive been doing them in first gear i almost caught up to my bald middle lol....and the tire ware looks sweet..lots of poeple think im going to crash but i think its pretty easy to tell how much is too much throttle.....

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
basically your rear tire sliding out while having control taking a turn/corner. there's different types of drifting.. power drifts where ur tire is spinning.. or u lock up the rear.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya for sure \ i would be doing power drifts then--roling the throttle around a corner but i found that the car tire tracks work good but when you start to get in the middle of them or of the lanes the front tire just picks up...(this mite only be because i live in winnipeg manitoba....ya its in canada and the roads are terrible)
KhMeRGuY978 said:
basically your rear tire sliding out while having control taking a turn/corner. there's different types of drifting.. power drifts where ur tire is spinning.. or u lock up the rear.

·
Registered
322 Posts
yeah, if you can do that on a 600 your either A: awesome rider B: on really shitty road that aren't very adhesive to tires...

Motogp bikes and 1000cc bikes have enough power to break the rear wheel loose...its a little harder on a 600 (correct me if I'm wrong)

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
OK for backing in a bike it is pretty simple, to get into, its getting out that trakes skill.

To get a good rear end slide you will be VERY late on your braking marker (track use), then just over load the front end, keep you body down but lift your chest (the stuntre types do this to do a stoppie) and the rear wwheel will begin to brake traction.

ONce tractin is lost weight the INSIDE foot, the back end will start to slide out (right foot weight will swing the rear wheel LEFT.

Now comes the tricky part, recovery. when you have begun to square the corner GENTLY open the throttle and when the rear wheel bgins to slip, shoft your weight to the rear.

This is HELL on street tires and DOT Race tires, but on a warm track with warm Racing Slicks the tires will actually take less wear as the heat and stress it applied away from the rubber that contacts the surface - it is absorbed on the inner core.

I use this technique at several tracks and if you want to intimidate the guy behind you and protect the racing line it works. Many people say it can be slower and it is if you are not very good at it, but running the same bike on the same track, with the same (type) tires my lap times are so close it would be hard to notice any difference.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts