Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm trying to get my F4i road worthy and the left grip is loose. Note the F4i and 600rr OEM grips are the same. I need a new grip. I like the girth of the OEM grips because I have bigger hands. The Renthal grips were too small and uncomfortable for a street application.

Where do the Driven D3 grips fall in the spectrum of girth?
Thanks in advance.

Also, if anyone has a gently used left OEM grip they'd like to sell me, please let me know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just installed some D3 grips, but I was in a rush so I cut off my OEM ones. I've got pretty large hands (2-3XL in most brands), and I find the D3 very uncomfortable. I don't feel like they provide enough grip so you have to squeeze the throttle tighter which wears out your hands quicker.

I just took a 400 mi day trip and the only thing that kept me from cutting the grips right off and throwing em away on the side of the road is my throttle boss. They look great, but I'll be switching to some new grips as soon as I find something worthy, what a waste.

In response to your original question, they are a little thicker than stock.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I switched from the stockers to the d3's first of the season, I like them, I wear xl gloves, I find them sticky enough, with my leather palmed gloves anyway. I know some people love them, some people hate the extra girth made them more comfortable for me and I like how the collar is concave.

If you don't like them you can always resell them, always seems to be someone looking for a set.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Try pro grips. They are very INexpensive but are way more plush and provide a lot more grip when compared to the stock grips. Match them with some heavier bar ends and you can practically kiss hand fatigue good bye.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i have had D3s on for two seasons. the legit ones. not the ebay knock offs. i have large hands. wear 2xl gloves. i find them to be larger than stock and more comfortable. no issues w/ grip. some people who have ridden my bike say they hate the metal ring up around the index finger, but honestly, i havent had a single issue w/ it yet. i always wear leather gloves when riding though.

the only item of concern i have is that they wear fast b/c they are softer rubber. at the end of the season my clutch side grip had a nice groove in it from my hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.