Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I started this thread just to get a little glimpse of what I may be looking at next week.

So I recently bought a Salvage 07 600rr, and of course I wanted to ride it, which I refrained from doing. Well it needed to be fixed up, so I trailerd it on the back of a truck to a friends house, which we fixed it up and what not, well after a crazy day of them wrecking 2 bikes, we got back to my friends and I was going to head home. Well everyone was on bikes, and I really didnt wanna ride no homo 45 minutes to my house so i figured since my bike was fixed, i could put my old tag on it from my old bike, and just ride it to the house real quick and i would be fine.

Well basically long story short, I was riding home with 2 friends and a state trooper pulls out gets me for 6 over, and...
Driving with no motorcycle Endorsement
Driving with the wrong tag on a bike
and Driving with an unregisterd vehicle on the road

So 3 written arrests, he could have taken me to jail i know that much, but since i was about 5 minutes from the house at the time and I explained myself he let me go with the 4 tickets.

So now I have a court date comming up in about 10 days and im trying to find some input on what im gonna be looking at. I have gotten my motorcycle endorsement which i was already registerd for when I got pulled over, and my bike will be registerd monday morning after its inspected. I was just hoping someone may be able to help me out.

·
HONDAholic
916 Posts
lawyer.................

·
Registered
309 Posts
shoulda bribed him! You are doing all that can be done already, so don't stress what's left. It will probly be cheaper to pay the tickets than to lawyer up and may not win. The situation is what it is, you were undeniably wrong so be sympathetic in court and accept responsibility. Just explain your logic and how you won't make such an error in judgement again.

·
Registered
257 Posts
damn dude... good luck... and i recommned astroglide instead os vaseline...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Driving with no motorcycle Endorsement- 600
Driving with the wrong tag on a bike- 600
Driving with an unregisterd vehicle on the road-600
The look on your face when they put you in handcuffs, priceless.... Good Luck! My dad is a lawyer want his number lol

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Gsp=jerks!

Yeah, OK. He openly admits to committing multiple violations, yet the person doing their job is the jerk.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol i appreciate it, so everyones kinda clueless on what could happen?
besides needing enough money to buy another bike but have to give it away

I mean as long as theres no jail involved ill be happy, i dont have a reccord or anything, this is a first offence, I just wanna make sure i can still do bike week, cuz my court date is the morning before i leave for daytona

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And yeah I mean i was in the wrong, but what kinda pisses me off is that my buddy in front of me didnt have a tag on his bike cuz it was stolen earlier and i get nabbed even with a tag on there.

Lesson learned RIDE IN THE FRONT

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
depends if those are felonys in your state, possible jail, i wouldent expect to be riding any time soon, im sure that is going to be revoked

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Sounds like your gonna get hammered with fines bro. Probably not much sympathy from the courts, but they may reduce something for an explanation. Therefore....plan for the worst, and be thankful if it gets better. Dress decent, and talk nice. Get your shiet straight before you go in.

Your driving record will almost immediately be updated to show offenses, and therefore your insurance is not going to miss the tickets. If they apply?

So just man up and be polite....see what happens. After all, you did do a no-no.

p.s. -- I don't recommend you tell the judge to hurry the F*** up cause you gotta get to bike week??

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
lol i appreciate it, so everyones kinda clueless on what could happen?
besides needing enough money to buy another bike but have to give it away

I mean as long as theres no jail involved ill be happy, i dont have a reccord or anything, this is a first offence, I just wanna make sure i can still do bike week, cuz my court date is the morning before i leave for daytona
i dont care what state you live in, i dont see jail even a possability...
but your gonna pay $$$$

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
you shoulda just ran....

j/k. how much are the total fines? i'd go to court and see if you can get them reduced. the 6mph over ticket sounds a bit harsh, usually leo's don't pull you over for speeding until you go 15over.

btw, why didn't u have an endorsement if you had a previous bike??? that one is totally on you.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts