Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
Had the misfortune of dropping my bike whilst washing it on Sunday. I have a 2003 CBR600RR. Apart from a few scratches I thought everything was alright, but when I went to ride it later in the day I noticed that my headlights did not come on. Now before you go bashing me, I have searched pretty extensively for this problem on the forum. So I have already checked:
- fuses are fine
- high beam light flashes on at start-up but will not come on when the switch is turned on
- have checked the wires connecting the starter switch and the red/black wire is attached, (solder has not lifted)

Now this is an Aus model CBR600RR, so I have a passing (flash) lights button. My headlights work when I use this button, both high and low beam. So I'm thinking it can't be the lighting relay.

Does anyone have any more ideas otherwise I'm off the the bike shop tomorrow?

Cheers guys

·
Registered
157 Posts
Have you checked your bulbs? They usually don't like getting slammed

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well both high and low beam lights work and will come on when I hold in the passing (flash) light button (found on Aus model). So it's not that the bulbs are blown.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Can you describe your washing technique? Water doesn't touch my bike for this very reason. If quick detailer can't get your bike clean, you're doing it wrong.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mate I already feel crap enough about dropping it, so no need to be a smart-arse. I ride everyday, no matter what the weather and it's winter here in Adelaide, so the bike was covered in road grime which "quick detailer" wouldn't have gotten off.

If you have any ideas as to what may be causing my lights to not come on when I start the bike that would be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Mate I already feel crap enough about dropping it, so no need to be a smart-arse. I ride everyday, no matter what the weather and it's winter here in Adelaide, so the bike was covered in road grime which "quick detailer" wouldn't have gotten off.

If you have any ideas as to what may be causing my lights to not come on when I start the bike that would be appreciated.

Cheers
Bring it round to my place... we can fix it up soon enough. PM me if you like.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey just this morning my 04 showed similar symptoms. I have been riding in heavy rain all week. anyway the low beam was working but the high beam wouldnt. It did work with the pass switch though, I gave the switch a smack and it worked...so I assume there is a connection inside there that is not good. I havent had time to check...

Perhaps in the fall some wire came loose by the switches

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers mate. That's exactly what I'm thinking the problem is now, but I don't know enough about the electronics to find/fix the problem. Hopefully Nico will be able to help me out though!

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
For everyone's info...

Turns out it was just the plug for the right hand switch assembly had come loose.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts