Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just dropped my bike of the rear stand wasn't really paying attention and it fell towards the wrong side and the only kick stand on that side is the frame slider...which worked, I just wanted to share that with you all.

I feel dumb about it.lol

-Izuumi-

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I was moving the bike in my garage to make space for my car and was constantly moving it back an fwd putting it on stand and then rotating it to keep it next to the far wall and I forgot to put the stand down one time and we all know what happens then :) couldn't stop it from going down but thanks to frame sliders no scratches. Besides I couldn't stop it from going down but was able to make it gentle enough so no damage :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
maybe better than riding with the kickstand down, i dont have the switch, so i've done that several times :sad3:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Happen to me too, I'm puting it on rear stand while holding bike with one hand for bal (didn't work) it almost fell, i cought it. Before it did. HA HA HA

·
Registered
210 Posts
LOL I'm like the only guy with mods without frame sliders! Anyone have any preferences to which look AND work the best?

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
I'm in an apartment, I'm afraid the bike will fall and go into the wall lol !

Every time I take the bike off the stand it freaks me out ha!

·
Registered
121 Posts
LOL I'm like the only guy with mods without frame sliders! Anyone have any preferences to which look AND work the best?

Go w. OES sliders. There is a whole thread about them somewhere around here. I put them on all my bike....

I hold the bitch strap when putting my bike on the rear stand alone.

·
Registered
261 Posts
How do you drop it off of the stand? Get a a spooled stand!
I can see how it can happen. Although, I have a Vortex stand with spools and I actually have had the bike stay up when only on one spool.

As for whoever ask about frame sliders, I've got OES and they work awesome. Dropped the bike on both sides (not at speed) and no damage to anything but a little mar in the slider. Got their spools too. Works great with my Vortex stand.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Ever since I dropped my first bike in the garage by trying to walk it outside, I've always hopped on when I want to move it. When I bring her down off the stands, I'm always pushing towards the kickstand side.....at least you had the slider on.

·
Registered
95 Posts
had the same thing happend yesterday was tightning a bolt and it came off the stand. one side on one side off. was apain to get it off the other side and hold the bike up at the same time. ended up scratching rear of the bike.

·
Registered
115 Posts
ive got pics of my dumb mistake...

never use jack stands to change a tire, forks twisted and they fell off... i was lucky and it worked in my favor, if you can tell there was no swingarm spools at the time, so im lucky it didnt fall over... i now have a front stand, yay!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts