Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello lady's and gents my buddy dropped his bike the other day not to bad but it won't start back up and there is a lot of oil in the throttle body anyone have any ideas? The bike clicks when I try to turn it over but that's it I posted a pic below

Attachments

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,827 Posts
Clean up the airbox, check the air filter (replace it if its saturated with oil). Pull the spark plugs, cover the valve cover with rags then crank the bike over to push the oil out of the cylinders. Clean up the mess, clean the plugs, reinstall them then fire up the bike. It'll smoke like a bastard for a while but no need to worry.

When the bike was on its side the airbox filled with oil from the breather. It happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clean up the airbox, check the air filter (replace it if its saturated with oil). Pull the spark plugs, cover the valve cover with rags then crank the bike over to push the oil out of the cylinders. Clean up the mess, clean the plugs, reinstall them then fire up the bike. It'll smoke like a bastard for a while but no need to worry.

When the bike was on its side the airbox filled with oil from the breather. It happens.
But the bike won't turn over yet. Why would that be?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Did you cycle the ignition? Most times when the bike goes down, it triggers the tilt sensor/bank angle sensor (?) which disables the bike from starting. turn the key to on, then off, then on. Do this 3 times. -Should fire up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It worked great! Thank you so much! Bike started right up smokes like hell at the moment though really appreciate the info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts