Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was trying to sell it.....I'm so PO'd right now. Anyways...I have to replace the rear tail, the upper, a mirror on the right and an short stalk indication (as well as a peg on the right side rearset, not brake lever).

Anyways my question is now the front brake feels super soft.....after pumping it up a few times it felt ok so I left the bike with the new owner....he was so excited to ride the bike he tried and he said the front brake felt super soft as well. Do you think the brake master could've been screwed up. I offered to have him take it to a Honda dealer at my expense after I replace all the body parts but if I can fix it on my own I;d rather do that?

Anu ideas?

Oh yeah and if anyone knows where i can fine 04 Black tail and upper plastics used but in good condition please let me know. Thanks.

I'm only leaving CBR's temp...so I can get a car...will get another bike in a year or 2. Most likely a 1000rr but I'll still be here....you guys are family.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Check lines, reservoir cap, fluid and if all checks out, bleed the lines.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tips...I won't be near the bike until I get the replacement parts....if I don't find anything used I'm going to have to order from Ron Ayers (Upp is over 500 bux....Dammit). Hopefully I will be able to get all the parts in by next week Friday so I can repair that weekend.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I really didn't need to read that. I just bought a ramp and I haven't used it yet. If anybody can dump a bike I can. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
156 Posts
i use a ramp daily up to the patio deck in the back door not bad on the rr but the old harley just barley fits and i had to build a spin around bike lift with a half inch steel plate and a 3 ton trolley jack works great the rr i can back down the ramp but i had an incident backing the hog out sort of got pinned under it so built the thing having 3 bikes permanantly in the shack keeps the old gals from wanting to move in live to ride ride to live

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I keep thinkling if I just waited until someone could help me 30 mionutes later or if I asked for a long piece of wood....something to put my foot....It feels like a bad dream. I suppose I just get over it because he said he was cool with it so long as I replace the parts ruined....its not so much the money that needs to be expended so much as its the fact that I feel like I could've prevented it.

I never dropped the bike before and the ironic thing is I carted it over ina pick up so" NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN".

F#CK!N @

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
We've all done it. Every once in a while you do something that just eats away at you afterwards.

Usually involving either women or bikes.

It takes a while but you just gotta move on. It can be tough though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts