Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my bike to work this morning and as I was parking it, my pant leg got caught on the peg and down I went. The bike was running when I fell and it it was off by the time I went to pick it back up. After inspecting the bike (minor damage, thank god) I tried to start it. When I turned the key, the oil light stays on and the bike won't crank.

Any ideas? I really don't want a tow and I need a ride home.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
If there was no major damage, it should be fine.
Just the BAS doing its job.

-Turn the key to OFF.
-Turn the key to ON.
-Put it in Neutral.
-Flip the kill switch down to "RUN" or the Circle Arrow thing.
-Start.

If you didn't have any problems with these steps, mechanically the bike should be fine.

·
C.F.A. member **New Joyzeeeeeee Racer YAAAA BOY
1,726 Posts
If there was no major damage, it should be fine.
Just the BAS doing its job.

-Turn the key to OFF.
-Turn the key to ON.
-Put it in Neutral.
-Flip the kill switch down to "RUN" or the Circle Arrow thing.
-Start.

If you didn't have any problems with these steps, mechanically the bike should be fine.
should be fine

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you guys. That works! I was in such a fit of rage after dropping her this morning, I totally forgot to take her out of gear before trying to start again. Starts up just fine.

I don't know if its always been this way and I'm just noticing it now but after you turn the key to the ON position and BEFORE you start the engine, is the Oil Light supposed to be illuminated? Mine is. Once the bike starts, the light goes away. For all I know, its always been this way but after this morning's incident, I just want to make sure there is no internal damage.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
yep, the oil light comes on to show you that it works, then will go away when you start it. That's whats going on with your bike, and is totally normal. The bike is probably fine.

·
Registered
901 Posts
dont you have to cycle the kill switch off and back on to get it to start after the bas switch has been tripped..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts