Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off i dropped my black beauty!!! nothing major can't even see it till you get down and look. scratched the middle fairing beneath the upper bolt (same place everyones gets scratched when they are dropped). went through the paint. has anyone tried hondas touch up, or any other suggestions? thought about applying it to the scratches and letting it almost dry then buffing it in followed by a good wax. really don't have a clue though. help me!!!
second, how hard is it to mount frame sliders?!?

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
second, how hard is it to mount frame sliders?!?
Not near as hard as it is to fix broken plastics. J/K man. Seriously, it's not hard at all to put on your frame sliders....there's several good threads on here about it....do a search for some tips or PM me if you want...I'd be happy to help.

I used the Honda red touch up paint on a place where a rock hit the front of my bike....it works pretty well but the paint isn't very thick at all....it took several coats on the little nick to make sure you didn't see the black plastic underneath. Shouldn't be as much of an issue for you though since you've got a black bike.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx ga, yeah the paint issue doesn't seem to present a problem. at first i didn't think it went through but at closer examination i saw the plastic was black and it did go through. your or anyone ever tried to cover up any scratches or anything on the powder coated parts?

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Hardest part about mounting frame sliders is drilling the holes through the fairings... Needless to say, I had the dealer do it.

Jason

ps. Sorry to hear you dropped her. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts