Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was putting on an extension for a battery tender, and I was going to put the negative side bolt on, and I dropped it. It fell pretty deep, on the left underside of the tank. I could only see 2-3 threads of the bolt, and tried to use a magnet stick, and a claw, and neither worked. Evidently the bolt moved, and is now even deeper. Has this happened to anyone? Did you have to lift up the tank? I'm only worried that the bolt will eventually vibrate a hole into the tank if it's right up next to it. :headscrat Thx.

K

·
0 Posts
do what you have to do to get it out. i've had it happen quite a few times (fat-ish fingers...) and i cuss and swear a lot. i go get a beer, and start digging.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dunno man, i dug for a while, finally i was like forget this, it's not gonna wear a hole in one day. So I guess i'll look at the service manual to see how to pull up the tank.

K

·
0 Posts
I dunno man, i dug for a while, finally i was like forget this, it's not gonna wear a hole in one day. So I guess i'll look at the service manual to see how to pull up the tank.
it easy. take the plastics off, two bolts and it swings up.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I did that too. Aaarrrgh! I almost had it then it fell deeper just like you. There is another thread about this exact thing. I spent a hour looking for mine. I finally took a break and when I came back out I found it wedged down by the frame and motor. Good luck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
are you talking down that little plastic chute in front of where the battery is?

I had that happen a few times and I could get it out by taking my left side fairing off and i could actually open up the underside to reach the nut.

since my bike is still apart, let me see if I can snap a picture about where Im talking about

*edit*
after looking at it, my mistake. The side mid fairing does not have to be removed cause its farther back from the fairing location
here are a few pictures and hopefully they help

You can push in on the tab and pull it down enough to reach into that plastic pan for whatever screws/nuts/bolts have fallen in there

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
This happened to me. I stuck a bunch of balled up sticky tape on the end of a coat hangar and got it out fairly easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts