Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sprint or Verizon?

I don't use many minutes so 1500 shared with Sprint is fine and I like the unlimited data.

Verizon has better coverage it seems by looking at the coverage map. Verizon also has 4G LTE in my area. But no unlimited data.

What are some of your experiences with either carrier?

Couldn't figure out how to do the poll on the mobile app.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Depends on where you live. Out here in the South East, Spring coverage seems sparse, but when I go back west, its awesome. Never had Verizon so I cant comment on that.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
I got Sprint, but its slow out here. Only reason I switched to Sprint is because it was way cheaper than verizon and I got a discount.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prices are about the same with either carrier. Both give me a corporate discount.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
I've been on Verizon for about 10 years now between my parents and now my own plan.

I am lucky enough to still have unlimited data due to grandfathering, however, it seems within the industry that unlimited will be a thing of the past in a few more years and shouldnt be a factor in your decision unless you plan to spend all day streaming video on 3G/4G.

Like you said, Verizon has a bigger network (coverage) and 4G LTE in your area. +2 for Verizon.

Question you should ask yourself to decide:

1. Who has the better coverage
2. Who has the better plan
3. Who has the phone i want

I have the basic voice plan 450 mins which i never go over 100mins, for ~$39.
I have a txt msg bundle for 250 txt/pix for ~$5.
I have grandfathered unlimited data for ~$26.
I have GoogleVoice which gives me free txt msgs, free visual voicemail and other goodies.

I paid $70/month for my Droid Incredible which was top of the line 2.5 yrs ago.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have both & here where I'm at in the East Sprint service is very erratic..I roam in my own house, super slow downloading, never have more than 3 bars (I just got the Galaxy s2 so it isn't anything outdated)..Other areas I can have full bars & 4g. I've had Sprint for years & it has gone downhill drastically, no clue what happened..

Verizon is consistent & service doesn't struggle like Sprint does..But no unlimited data.

·
Registered
233 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, why are you dropping AT&T? Just curious, they give me a decent discount through the company I work for so I stick with them.

From what I've seen Verizon is probably the way to go. Some guys I know are getting crazy speeds on Verizon, like 35-40Mbps, that's faster than the cable internet in my house! I only know one guy with Sprint, but his 4g LTE phone is slower than my 4g on at&t.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I dropped sprint for verizon. I couldnt even get a phone call in my house. Friends with ATT and Verizon could stream videos. Everywhere I went was a nightmare less I was in a big city. After I switched, I rarely lose 4g. Oh, Less you're in Vegas or LA, you wont be getting 4g yet they will still charge you for it.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
had verizon for 9 years, switched to sprint, saved a ton of money and the difference in service is not that noticeable..

Being that I live in a rather large city I always get good coverage, and LTE is coming here soon too.. I like the unlimited even though i am on wifi most of the time. But there are times when I take long train rides, or am on a trip with no wifi and I steam movies so its just easier to know that i'll never get hit with overage charges..

in terms of the service, i get one or two dropped calls a month, compared to none when i had verizon. otherwise, the only difference is when i visit my parents in the middle of no where in CT, the service still works but i am roaming or have like 1 bar most of the time.. not a big deal to me..

Sprint also gives discounts for working at certain places.. so we saved about 40 a month compared to a similar plan with verizon

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm dropping them because AT&T still has EDGE only where I work. Everybody else has at least 3G in that same area. From just south of Tucson to the border it's just EDGE speeds. AT&T is putting 4G in cities and I'm still on EDGE? Thanks AT&T.

EDGE is circa 2002.

I'm done with AT&T.

I'll be getting the iPhone 5. Already have the Otterbox cases I'm just waiting for the phones to come in. I ordered 2 Verizon iPhones through Best Buy as a backup plan but also have the option of going into the local Apple Store and signing up with Sprint. They haven't sold out of the Sprint phones yet. I guess that is common across the US. Should tell me something right there I suppose.

Best Buy won't have my phones in for another 2-3 weeks so I have time to choose yet.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I dropped AT&T for Verizon. I got the double the data plan so 4 Gigs for the price of 2Gigs. Haven't looked back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I found 2 32 gb verizon iphones at the local Radio Shack and pulled the trigger. I'm all moved over now.

Restoring the 2 iPhone 4 that I have back to 5.1.1 jailbroken and carrier unlocked. Getting them ready for eBay.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've been completely satisfied with my AT&T service so far. I get great service in places Verizon doesn't, including some very remote places overseas. I just wish I could get some kind if data family/multi-line discount since everyone on my plan has an iPhone.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am about to get AT&T and you Guys are scaring me now, we don't have gave sprint or verizon or t mobile at all
Looks like they have 4G LTE coverage in Anchorage, you should be fine.
http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/#?type=data&lat=61.18117187500002&lon=-150.02659355468748&sci=3

The coverage in my area is very good so the service is great. I have never had a dropped call in 10+ years with AT&T, knock on wood...lol. The data usage isn't a big deal to me, they add 1gb and charge you $10 if you go over. If you go over that they just add another one for ten more bucks. I have 4gb but I rarely use even 1gb.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
AT&T may be just fine in other areas. In my area it is sub par.

By the way, Verizon LTE is blazing fast. Faster than wifi.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts