Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy just got a D&D exhaust on his zx6r so I wanted it to take it for a spin and all I have to say is WOWOWOWOWOW SLOWWWWWWWWWWWW. I gave it all she had coming out of first and nothing? I know when I give full throttle on my 03 RR I can barely keep the front tire on the ground. Hm disappointed.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I don't call them kawasucki's for no reason.

·
Registered
384 Posts
They are down on power when compared to similar year 600's (at least the U.S. spec), but I always thought the chassis and slipper clutch was amazing. Strange since Kawasaki's always had a rep for a monster of an engine with lackluster handling.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
the 07/08's are down on power due to a restriction in the ecu, with a jumper mod they gain a decent amount of power, i'm sorry but i'll take a 07/08 zx6r and STOMP an 03-06 RR, they have one of the best factory slipper clutches and the suspension on them is great, now put it up against the 07+ RR and thats a different story. I've had many kawis and loved them all, just changed it up this time as far as the 09 zx6r that thing is proving to be a beast & i'll be able to flip flop them here soon to compare the two

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
the 07/08's are down on power due to a restriction in the ecu, with a jumper mod they gain a decent amount of power, i'm sorry but i'll take a 07/08 zx6r and STOMP an 03-06 RR, they have one of the best factory slipper clutches and the suspension on them is great, now put it up against the 07+ RR and thats a different story. I've had many kawis and loved them all, just changed it up this time as far as the 09 zx6r that thing is proving to be a beast & i'll be able to flip flop them here soon to compare the two
i think that you are mistaken on the years the cbr have the power restriction. its the '09's that have the restriction and can regain the lossed power with that jumper cable your talking about. (check out the review link on the home page.)

·
Registered
53 Posts
i think that you are mistaken on the years the cbr have the power restriction. its the '09's that have the restriction and can regain the lossed power with that jumper cable your talking about. (check out the review link on the home page.)
I think he was referring to the ZX6R that has the power restriction, not the CBR.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Confused ...

Anyway the 09R is best amongst the 600 according to many reviews

But I can't accept the way Kawi designed it...yucks

The powerplant is there but not the looks

·
Registered
454 Posts
So my buddy just got a D&D exhaust on his zx6r so I wanted it to take it for a spin and all I have to say is WOWOWOWOWOW SLOWWWWWWWWWWWW. I gave it all she had coming out of first and nothing? I know when I give full throttle on my 03 RR I can barely keep the front tire on the ground. Hm disappointed.
I've ridden all of the 2007 600's and the slowest one was still about 98% as fast as the quickest. The engines make power at slightly different revs, some have a bit more grunt than others, but none is really much slower than the rest. Thinking anything else is just optimism.

Take this for example: in a 1/4 mile test for the 2007 600cc shootout the difference between the fastest and slowest bike is 0.17 seconds and less than 3 mph. You aren't going to be able to notice that by how your butt feels on the seat. (and these are all 2007's, that 2007 600rr is quicker than your 2003)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All I really was saying is that at least coming out of first gear the power just wasn't there. When I get my bike done I'm going to do a little playing around with my friends 600

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have one of each...

I have an '06 636 track bike and an '07 cbr600. They are different bikes and both have their good and bad points, but the KAW is not slow by any means. As a matter of fact, the 636 feels much stronger on midrange and they are about even on top end. Lap times are quicker on the 636 for me. Your results may vary.

·
Registered
579 Posts
the 09 is a complete redesign, its got new suspension more HP, its smaller, lighter... its not a bad bike. there isnt a bad 600 class made anymore.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Went to my local Honda dealer for some coolant and they also sell kawis, I got to sit on the new zx6 and it's pretty light, felt comfy. I didn't like the front it's ugly to me, and I had to twist my wrist too much for full throttle. I never rode it just sat on it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts