Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hittin The Twisties On My RC 51
1,196 Posts
The same thing happened here a few weeks ago. Drunk driver going the wrong way on the INTERSTATE early one morning hit a biker head on killing him. Didn't get much press because the rider was doing everything right (helmet - full gear) and the night before, some stupid kid on a sport bike ran from the cops causing a 9 car pile up. Definitely not right.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
The same thing happened here a few weeks ago. Drunk driver going the wrong way on the INTERSTATE early one morning hit a biker head on killing him. Didn't get much press because the rider was doing everything right (helmet - full gear) and the night before, some stupid kid on a sport bike ran from the cops causing a 9 car pile up. Definitely not right.
what a shame

·
Registered
1,166 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
this is very sad to hear, and my prayers go out to both of their families. The problem I have is had Mr.X not been drunk could he have accurately judged how far away the bike was. The police report said the motorcycle was traveling at a high rate of speed. So whose fault is it then. I hear allot of stories that always blame the drunk guy, but when the real fault is with the judgment of the other driver/rider. And FYI there will always be drunk people driving late at night, as long as alcohol is served in public.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Indiana had a bad weekend for fatalities...High school kid crossed into a poker run...killing 3. Later the weekend another 2 died in Indiana..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this is very sad to hear, and my prayers go out to both of their families. The problem I have is had Mr.X not been drunk could he have accurately judged how far away the bike was. The police report said the motorcycle was traveling at a high rate of speed. So whose fault is it then. I hear allot of stories that always blame the drunk guy, but when the real fault is with the judgment of the other driver/rider. And FYI there will always be drunk people driving late at night, as long as alcohol is served in public.
You usually have to look hard to find a positive story in the newspaper...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts