Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 DRZ400-s has been converted to the dark side....

Pirelli dragon supercorsa tires along with 17" excel rims mounted around Talon hubs from East Coast Wheels.... scored the wheels & tires on ebay for about $1100.

320mm front disc rotor from motomaster gives some crazy stoppie-power...

Next up is some carb work, rejetting, and fixing a leaking countershaft seal, no big deal.

Maybe a new carb in the future, about $500 (ack!!) and for sure some suspension work.

It does wheelies like nobody's business :D :D :D

more pics here...
http://www.mattvirus.net/images/Pictures/bikes/index.html

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is missing a rear turnsignal........it does dual-duty, supermoto and dirtbike......a few weeks ago I dumped it in the trails and lost that signal ;)

won't be riding dirt for 3 or 4 weeks now due to some broken ribs (farm accident)...so it's in SM trim for a while.

I have an acerbis supermoto front fender coming and an acerbis LED tail light on the way as well. The huge, ugly stock fender will be replaced with something lighter and far more durable.

·
silent master
3,532 Posts
suzuki makes supermotard stock...and yes it is drz400...they converted it this year because of the supermoto hype thats been going on...

nice bike though...

sorry to jack the thread....but my fiddy will make the same conversions...with more power....hehe...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
more power?... i donno dude... :D

2005 is the first year of the drz400-sm, it's a good bike but it has the same carb as the s model, unfortunately... (rather than the drz400-E FCR-39 carb)....

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it's very easy.

I have an oversized rotor on the front wheel and a stock rotor on the rear wheel. My dirt wheels have a stock front rotor and stock rear rotor on the wheels as well.

Swapping takes a few minutes, remove the bolts, remove the motard wheels & disc,...put the dirt wheels and discs back on, remount the caliper without the relocation bracket......done!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Very sweet.

Personally I'd rather do what you did (convert a stock DRZ400S) rather than get the new DRZ400SM version. Customization is half the fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts