Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
So factory, the low beam is on full with the switch on low beam, and both lights are on full on high beam.

Then when you modify it, both lights are on with less than full at low beam, and both lights are at full on high beam? Am I getting this correct?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
No. When you do this, the low beam is still 100% all the time. The High beam is the only light affected by this. When switch is on low beam the high beam is dim, then when you switch to high beams the high beam goes to 100%

·
Registered
46 Posts
Great thread, guys at home wondering about this for while.... Still making these? any picks of new ones maybe aluminum enclosure? I would take one for sure
thx

·
Registered
2 Posts
i built one of these today at work but i used a 50 watt resistor so it doesnt get as hot, took me about an hour to do. you can tell the difference if you go right in front of the bike but to passers by it looks factory built. anyone in the uk doing this like me try rs components for your bits, cost me £7 for the parts.

nate96, well done :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
Has anybody done this mod with HID's? Does it work?
exactly my thoughts, me and a friend were talking about this and the 40% voltage covers that issue since the only real difference is the housing. So anybody with HID's do this? I have my doubts because the HID setups are already running on low voltage as it is.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
No this can not be done with HID's. HID's run higher Voltage. The ballasts take the 9-15V input and convert it to 85V. This draws less current. They work much like flourecent bulbs in your home. There is a mod I think Tripage has done. It invloves putting another bulb in the high beam side beside the HID.

I dont check this site much anymore. I sold my bike a few weeks ago so I can buy a house. For those that have questions about this email me [email protected]

Hopefully soon I will buy another bike.

For those wondering if I am still doing these. I am sorry but I am not. It is so easy to do if you follow the steps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The headlight reflector housing is different on both sides, the high beam one is curved differently then the low beam one. So when you turn your high beams on it's angled up.

·
Registered
995 Posts
so, is there a way to turn the lights off and then both on?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp
does this resistor start at 87 and switch to 87a when the high beam is switched on
or is it the other way around nate i dont get it does it start at 87a and switch to 87 when the highbeam switch is turned on

The resistor would be attached to 87a. Then a wire from 87 to after the resistor. I added this to the pic on the first page. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
It's looks very difficult, but awesome write up!

I would love to try this one, but I hate screwing with anything electrical.

61 - 80 of 131 Posts