Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with this motorcycle trailer specifically?

http://www.sportutilitytrailers.com/LongChih/832TA-2TS76M.htm

The price is right (~$500 shipped) and it seems like a solid setup. I did some searching on here but couldn't find anyone that's used this company before. I don't want to do the Harbor Freight trailer because in the end it'll cost me almost as much after the chocks, ramp, drilling, eyebolts...

Or, does anyone know of a dual motorcycle trailer in the same price range?

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Look up Big Tex trailers. I bought mine for $800 OTD and it has plenty of room for 2 bikes and misc gas cans/tools.

A big plus is that its solid and the frame is welded not bolted together.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
havoc said:
Look up Big Tex trailers. I bought mine for $800 OTD and it has plenty of room for 2 bikes and misc gas cans/tools.

A big plus is that its solid and the frame is welded not bolted together.

Man those BigTex trailers look stout!

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
chrisontopoher said:
Anyone have experience with this motorcycle trailer specifically?

http://www.sportutilitytrailers.com/LongChih/832TA-2TS76M.htm

The price is right (~$500 shipped) and it seems like a solid setup. I did some searching on here but couldn't find anyone that's used this company before. I don't want to do the Harbor Freight trailer because in the end it'll cost me almost as much after the chocks, ramp, drilling, eyebolts...

Or, does anyone know of a dual motorcycle trailer in the same price range?
dont wanna flame anyone keep in mind i am just looking out and giving my oppinion.... i wouldnt trust that trailer because of the size tires on it i build custome trailers for a living and the wheels on that trailer are known to fail offten...and because of the axle used you cant get a larger set of wheels on it. and they dont pull all that well as small as the tires are you wikll see it tends to move around, bounced and ride rough in general i would look in to a triler like that with different wheels or call the manufacture and see if they can hook you up with a larger set... 500$ not bad price though

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The wheels and the lack of storage for anything other than a bike are the only drawback I see. I'd try to find something with at least a 14in wheel that's a little wider, and a little more room. You can find decent utility trailers from 5x8 to 6x10 used for around $500 if you just look through the classified ads.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
My only concern as mentioned above would be the wheel/tire size on it. Those types of tires are fine if all you're doing is dragging the bike around town but if you're towing it down the HWY those things really aren't meant to run speeds higher than around 50mph for an extended period of time.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
It looks nice, easier to load than a pickup truck I bet.

Jason

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
teleinfoncarr, ryoung57, GA_RR,

Thanks for your feedback. You have me convinced that the 12" wheels are not a good idea, since I plan to haul the trailer hundreds of freeway miles to various tracks, so I don't want there to be any problems.

Now I'm eyeing the following--with 20.5 x 8-10 tires. Without the aluminum diamond plating, $677...

http://www.sportutilitytrailers.com/LongChih/746TE-2TS76M.htm

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
nice good luck to ya be safe

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
RC2llV said:
Trailers are nice. Loading a bike into the back of a truck is a scary process. I wish I had the room for a trailer at my place, I would buy one in a heartbeat.
The harbor freight is cheap and folds into a small space in the garage. I love mine, it'll do till I can afford a bigger house with room for an enclosed trailer.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The trailer above I mentioned is a folding trailer too. phatmitzu was able to hook me up with an awesome deal and have the trailer delivered to my house today!!! More details and pictures later. Thanks everyone for your input. For anyone else interested in getting a trailer... I'd recommend consulting phatmitzu... he's trying to become a 600rr.net official vendor.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thank you for the kind words Chis. It was nice doing business with you.
Yes, I sell quality trailers and accessories for a good price. But I will not start advertising until I've become an offical site vendor. I've already emailed 600.net and am still waiting for a reply...

·
Registered
986 Posts
tiltedworld said:
The harbor freight is cheap and folds into a small space in the garage. I love mine, it'll do till I can afford a bigger house with room for an enclosed trailer.
FOLDABLE...OMFG where can I buy this.

errr...foldable doesn't sound too safe but I can take extra measures to assure saftey

·
Registered
986 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts