Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone rode both bikes that is able to compare them?

I found that bike so beautiful, would like to know if it is all looks or if it has an engine that goes with it.

TIA

·
Registered
532 Posts
Haha are you kidding me!?!?! its a DUCATI!!! thats like asking have you driven the honda s2000 and compared it to the Ferarri! What do you think!? Your talkin Italian! I cant believe you would even ask this question... Theyre bike is such an art that their 1098 only ways like 2lbs heavier than the honda 600rr and makes 60 more hp!
WOW

·
Registered
639 Posts
apples and oranges.

a more fair comparison would be the new 1000rr to the 1098s.

and from every thing i have heard, 1098s has more power then you can shake a stick at.

they are amazing bike no doubt, but it imagine the 1000rr you could build with the 11 grand you saved.

·
Registered
532 Posts
you could spend 11k on upgrades for 1000rr but why not just the ducati its basically a street race ready bike. Theyre arent many upgrades you need and the ones you make arent going to make as much as a difference bcuz they already use top quality parts (not that honda doesnt) but again we talkin Italian. I would just go with the duc. I was thinkin about when I get older to get the 848 but for 2lbs more why not the 1098s? lol The 1098r or Habysuss is sick as f but Im not diggin the color schemes too much I like the Italian red.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've got an 02 Duc 998 and 00 Monster 750 in the garage next to my 07 600rr. The Honda is such a different machine than the 998, and the 1098 vastly different than the 998, however more along the same lines. The 600rr I can ride back and forth to work in rush hour traffic and be just fine. The 998 makes you tired, and I have a feeling the 1098 is in the same realm. I've only ridden a 1098 on a short 15 mile test ride from my local dealer on a Tuesday morning, so no traffic to contend with. It's a fantastic machine, with torque way down low. No need to ride >6000 rpms and higher like the Honda. In 6th gear on the highway at 65mph it will still pull hard and accelerate without downshifting. It's on my short list of wants right now.
A

·
Registered
407 Posts
1198 is out. Why even consider the 1098?

I was going to go with the white 1198 but chose the 09 1000rr instead. 11k vs over 16k and no $600 valve adjustments every 7500 miles. Still love the ducati though.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I went two weeks ago with a friend to pick up a new 09 1098. I couldnt believe it. Ohlins, Bembro, everythings done, no mod needed. The Hondas nice, but not a Ducati.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Doesn't matter what kind of fancy name parts they have on the bike it's all down to the rider. A good rider on a 600rr can dust a moderate rider in any Ducati, even a Desmo. Speaking for myself here, most people (not all) I see that have Ducs is all for show, they never push it, they never track it, it's just a show piece. Can't really blame them after spending all that dough. Defeats the purpose of buying a sport bike to me.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Theres the whole V v/s I-4 preference too.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Meh. You can keep your Italian, rattle trap, self destructing POS. Any bike that shakes itself to pieces and destroys 2000 dollar exhaust is junk no matter what it says on the tank. And the "s" model comes with bottom shelf ohlins stuff that anybody who know what they are riding understands its just for show. Ducati's are all hype, over priced for the performance you get, and unneccisarily expensive to maintain. I'll take my honda that hasn't needed anymore then an oil change in 10,000 miles(many of those on the track)

this isn't directed at anyone here, just a general statement.
After all that being said, I still wouldn't mind having an 848

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
id rather have the new Aprilia RSVR or KTM RC8.

that is unless i could afford an R model Ducati.
if they ever make an 848R, i think that would be sick, and i would consider getting it maybe.
i still would love to own a 749R, such a beautiful bike.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts