Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys was just wondering if the ducati superbikes like the 848,1098, and 1198 are all they're cracked up to be.. Are they any better than any other literbike? or is it just expensive because its Italian?

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
if WSB is any indicator, they are amazing.
of course that Bayliss character may have had something to do w/ their success.. LOL

·
Registered
939 Posts
Ducs are nice but as Ceph says I wouldn't trade one for my RR. At my last track day they were lending them out and the 848 handles excellently with loads of torque at the low revs. One day I might, they defo look good.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I love the looks and the low end power from a V-Twin but they are freakin uncomfortable to me. Too damn skinny of a seat. But i will say that new 1198 is one sexy machine in black

·
Registered
471 Posts
Own a 600rr, work @ a ducati dealership...ive ridden the hypermotard, 1098s, 848(wet clutch by the way). I got to take the 848 home for the weekend, it was a badass bike. I love my cbr and would never trade it, but the duc's are great too. I would definitely like to add one to my garage, if i could afford it right now. The cost for maintenance isnt very low either haha

·
Registered
579 Posts
i too sell ducati and i can tell you theyre all they are cracked up to be. consider the 1098r or 1198s... name one upgrade you need to that bike! traction control, brembo brakes, hydrolic clutch, marchesni wheels.... they come loaded. by the time you put all the crap on another bike you have just as much money tied up with a 1/3 of the resale value.

·
Registered
471 Posts
i too sell ducati and i can tell you theyre all they are cracked up to be. consider the 1098r or 1198s... name one upgrade you need to that bike! traction control, brembo brakes, hydrolic clutch, marchesni wheels.... they come loaded. by the time you put all the crap on another bike you have just as much money tied up with a 1/3 of the resale value.

+1 jlh, definitely worth it

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
a 1098 pulls like a freight train with nitrous from idle to redline.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I've only ridden a Hypermotard 1100, and it was a superior streetbike to the 600RR. The Suspension, Riding position and low end power made it very enjoyable for road riding.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
got an 848 and its alot of trouble from electrical when the bike turned off completely on the freeway and now the coolant is leaking everywhere!?! other than that its a fun bike on the freeways

·
Registered
419 Posts
I think buying one of the Jap bikes and sinking the money that you would have otherwise sinked into the Ducati on aftermarket is a better investment.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
The cost for maintenance isnt very low either haha
Yeah some 1098 owner talked to me while I was picking up part's at a Honda dealership and told me Ducati's aren't that expensive to maintain. I asked him how much is an oil change for him and he replied "$215 more or less" and I replied back "damn it only cost's me $50." Not that expensive to maintain a Ducati is bullsh*t, lol.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've riden a 999 and that was an amazing ride! I can only imagine how well the new models ride! Next bike will be a 1198S. When you add up all the $ spent on mods I would rather have a Ducati that comes with almost everything you could want. I would just throw some HID's one and call it good.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
They've got nice bits and pieces on them at least on the higher end models. Really though I have no solid idea why their price is that high. I don't know if they have more margin or not or if it's just because of their production costs, import export etc, name etc etc.

But best bang for your buck? You'll get more performance for your money with a Japanese bike. But if you want a ducati, nothing else will really do.

They have a good package in WSBK cause with the displacement they don't have a real hp deficit to the inline 4's, the way their power is delivered is easier on tires and hooks up better, they have massive torque.

For the normal guy though its a different story.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts