Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is gunna be a really dumb question so just bare with me cause it will be my first race, how do i actally enter a CCS race, i went to the pre entry form on the web site and there was a drag down box for tracks but there was no homestead, there was only a date box, but i didn't know if that was the only way, what are my options when entering a race, do i just do it through the pre entry forms or can i also do it another way.

I know i'm an Idiot but thanks for the help

·
Registered
156 Posts
I don't race CCS so I can't give you specifics about their website etc.

But if I remember right from a different thread, this would be your first race right?

There are a lot of things you need to do to start racing. First of all, your bike has to be ready. Have you safety wired everything? You also need to go through novice school and then compete in the novice races. You've got to join CCS, and do a bunch of paper work before they'll every let you near a race. With that paperwork though should be the answers to the questions you're asking here.

I think best bet would be to contact CCS and ask them, or find a CCS forum. People there will be more able to help you.

btw, if this isn't your first race and my memory has failed... disregard my post!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will be my first race, i have the bike ready, i sent off for my license and my number is AM 226, so i think i can now enter races cant i? i done the ed bargy race school at jennings then sent off for my license and they gave me my number so thats it is'nt it?

·
Registered
156 Posts
hmm I don't know, I don't know how CCS works.

I had to go through novice school then run in novice races for half a season. Best bet is to call and ask though.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I've raced with CCS. I printed off one of their generic race entry forms, filled it out, and faxed it back to them with payment information and races I wanted to enter. Pretty simple. Call CCS if you need further help 1-817-332-4822.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Tony, the FL CCS region is run differently than the rest of CCS. Henry DeGouw organizes the events so you have to send your entry directly to him. The events are Sat. practice, Sun. races and the prices are different too. I will PM his email to you.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
the series i am in (LRRS) you are given a transponder that you return at the end of each weekend. I believe many organizations rent them for the weekend.

Dude, you know we will be expecting a full race report when you get back from your race weekend ;)

·
Registered
799 Posts
No transponders in FL region... old school scoring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts