Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why when I see motorcycles racing they cover the headlights? Is it because the dont need them? I know its a stupid question but I was wondering

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Depending on the bike, they're either covering or taping the headlights in the event of a crash, the glass doesn't get all over the track. Or on racebikes, there are no headlights, don't need them and it's weight you don't want.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Dude, you have 2,553 posts and you still didnt know that?! Sorry to flame, you should do a trackday. I actually have to tape up my bike tonight for my trackday on Saturday.

·
Registered
428 Posts
they tape both headlights and brake lights this is because they dont want them to interfer with other riders <------ I believe

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Disco said:
Dude, you have 2,553 posts and you still didnt know that?! Sorry to flame, you should do a trackday. I actually have to tape up my bike tonight for my trackday on Saturday.
Thats just it I havent been tot he track yet

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
There are exceptions to the "track bikes dont have headlights" rule, but thats usually way high up in the ranks, i.e. Endurance raing that goes into nighttime like the 24h ones.. they have headlamps..

Just thought id pipe in with another useless tidbit.. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts