Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Banned
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we were all squids once. And if you started riding young...then there was probably a time when you thought you were immortal. I did some dumb **** in my days...and I'm not proud of it. Well, maybe I am a little...but if I saw someone doing the same stuff I use to do...I'd drag them off their bike and **** kick their ass to the curb. Ironic isn't it?

I was just wondering what kind of stuff you guys did when you were young & dumb. I'm not trying to glamorize anything...but just like the "Crash and Bang" posts...sometimes it's interesting...and maybe something can be learned.

I'll go first. Ahem....ahem....AHEM...sorry got a bit of a cold coming on AHEM...AHEM..AHHHHEEEMM...cough..cough. That's better. When I was about 20 I rode an 1100cc Yamaha Virago (cruiser). I remeber one night coming home from the bar drunk and on mushrooms...with my roommate on the back. I went through a residential area...riding only on the sidewalk doing roughly 100 miles/hr . The side walk was wheel-chair friendly...and slooped down to the road for intersections....when it slooped back up after the intersections...I would get air.

When I got home my roommate was frozen with fear...litterally. I tried to pry his fingers off the grab bar, but I couldn't free them. I went inside...and about 15 minutes later he was able to get off the bike.

Was anyone else ever young and stupid?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Not that crazy, but I have done some stupid stuff. I have operated my cycle while I was high on pot and a little drunk. I was so paranoid that I took it pretty easy. I have also, like everyone on this board, driven to fast on a public road.

Peace
Will

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
The only dumbest thing I did was dropping my bike in the show room :bitchslap:.

The dumbest thing I’ve done that not bike related was bring a taser to school and scratching my nuts. Taser'in my nut with 80.0000V.
:???:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I used to ride my old Yammy 400 with my buddy sitting on my shoulders... in retrospect, I don't think that was very smart!

·
Registered
870 Posts
The only dumbest thing I did was dropping my bike in the show room .
Did you knock over any other bikes in the showroom. I had a buddy who was in a dealer and tried to sit on a bike and ended up knocking over like 5 bikes. They tried to get him to pay and he say no thanks claim it on your insurance. So they sued him he ended up winning because the judge thought the bikes were too close together and they were just asking for something to happen. Now when I go into that dealer, every bike has a sign saying "Do not sit on me without permission."

·
Registered
294 Posts
SRADman said:
lane splitting...its a habbit of mine :(
I don't see the problem with that (it is when you go between the lines of stationary or slow moving cars right?). We call it filtering here and is legal. The police do it on their bikes and police cars move out of your way if they see you coming.

C

·
0 Posts
I guess I drive like an old man compared to most people, so I havent done too much that was crazy. I've never popped a wheelie on anything other than a dirtbike in my entire life, not once(and I've owned 3 Cbr's). I did a stoppie once....but it wasnt inentional...some stupid $&(@ pulled out in front of me and I managed to save it way back when I first started riding rockets.

I guess my one and only sin is going super fast sometimes. But its always when I have a long stretch of nice road in front of me with nobody around. I guess I hate to admit this, but I've gotten up to around 145 in short bursts on the highway before (not on the RR of course). Im the first to admit I dont ride my bike to its potential, thats why I dropped down from a 954rr to a 600rr (among other reasons). I still love sportbikes and would love to do trackdays, Im just leary because my body is real beat up from rheumatoid arthrirtis. I keep hoping that something will come out medicine-wise soon that will loosen my body up enough I could do some serious track riding. I might still do it anyway though, you only live once. ;-)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
hessogood said:
I outran 22 state troopers across two states.
ive got to here this one....lets go spit it out

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
my worst is....

160mph on the street...

stupid.. stupid.. stupid..

thats because it was a backroad with lots of driveways too.. and woods on each side where critters could of jumped out...

C

·
0 Posts
Someone outran 22 troopers, another did 205mph (I'm going to assume thats sarcasm in regards to the ticket in Wisconsin, at least I hope it is)...its getting deep.

Has someone maybe gone 200 miles backwards on their bike....possibly thwarted a terrosit plot? Maybe somebody raced Duhamel on the street one time and beat him. Maybe caught some sweet air naploeon dynamite style? :lol2:

·
Registered
638 Posts
dropped my bike at a gas station. I thought I had the stand down, but when the bike started falling over with me on it, I realized that it was not.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Well, it wasn't on my bike but this time last year i sold my RR(yellow). By mid summer i bought another RR. Now here the dumb part i got the same color and did the same mods. The old bike had the same miles when I sold it as the new/used one did when i bought it.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts