Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend just took the motorcycle safety course and failed(lmao) he said he was breaking through turns and couldnt stop quick enough he had to stop within 9 feet and stoped at 16 feet ( going max 20mph in a closed parking lot) so today i let him take my 2000 bandit600 out w me to work out the tweeks and he grabed the front break after i just told him to never break in a turn if you have to put your feet down and clutch it through well he ended up hitting the front break going about 10mph and next thing i know i watched my bandit wobble and then slide down the road. i then told him dude you just bought it 1800$ next weekend i want it out of here the bad thing is is his dad is buying it for him and i hope i get what im asking this sux if you ever let a friend use your bike have frame sliders

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
Never ever let a friend ride your bike exp or not does not really matter

·
Registered
333 Posts
yeah that sucks i hate saying no sometimes but if my bike goes down its going to be me not a friend is he going to pay for the fairings and what not

·
Registered
991 Posts
Ya it sucks being the bad guy sometimes but I always so no, no matter what. I crashed a friends dirt bike when I was younger and had to buy him a new exhaust. I paid for it and fixed it but from then on I swore to myself I would never ride someone else's bike and they would never ride mine. Its a hard lesson.

·
Registered
147 Posts
damn man sorry about the loss ..lesson learned tho

·
Registered
35 Posts
DUDE!! Failing the MSF should have been a big a$$ red flag! I aced every part of mine except the emergency braking, I didn't stopped soon enough. But I still passed with a 98! You really have to be off your game to fail. Sorry about your bike though.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I gotta say the whole thing is your fault. You knew he couldn't ride (he failed the MSF! Do you know how hard it is to do that?!), but you let him ride anyway. You gave him some nonsensical advice on how to corner and, not surprisingly, he tossed your bike down the street. What did you think was going to happen?

·
Registered
667 Posts
DUDE!! Failing the MSF should have been a big a$$ red flag!
ummm, uhhhh, hu hu... that about sums it up... :banghead:

at least you didn't learn that lesson with your 6! so guess that's the silver lining in this unfortunate event.

·
Registered
136 Posts
yeah atleast it was a suzuki and not a honda! haha I cant say sh*t I used to toss my gixxer too, no big deal I think they like it sometimes. one way to find out, lets all go toss our suzukis down a big hill and see what they say!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts