Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lesson of the day for me. Dont assume anything when riding.

I was following a car in a two lane road, going into a two lane rotary with no traffic. I assumed this person would just go into the rotary without any problems. Heading into the rotary, I saw no car but decided to take a second look just to be safe. I was cruising at about 20mph. I looked left for a second, looked forward and there was this car I was following, 3 feet in front of me, stopped at a yield sign with no traffic in the rotary. I hit both my brakes, I went up in the air with the bike for a second and couldn't hold the bike up because I was falling to my side. Luckily, I was able to gently let the bike down so there's only a minor scratch on the engine and the handle bar. I was really pissed tho because as soon as I got up, this mofo takes off. I've never dumped my bike and had no real close encounter so this scared the heck out of me.

Why would someone stop at a yield sign with no traffic??? aarrrggghhh. Should I try to paint the scratch on my engine or leave it as is?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
People do retarded things when driving. In my opinion, driving is way too complicated for some people to handle.

I'd just try painting it if its a scratch in the paint. If it's a gouge in the plastic, it may need a bit of sanding/repair to it. In which case, it may be better to just leave it as a memorial.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
bro sorry to hear about your fall,

make sure you keep and escape for yourself, and make sure it stays open, also practice your countersteering you could have swerved around the car, or at least remained calm and stopped to the side of them,

also never follow 3 feet behind someone give you no time to react, of course this is all in hindsight,

good luck out there, always assume the person in front is going to be a first time driver or idiots,

leave the cover so you remind yourself to never follow so close and keep and an escape route open,

good luck!

·
Registered
95 Posts
That blows! Get a woodcraft case saver it will cover it right up and the case saver looks SICK!
Depending on the damage, GB Racing covers might cover the scratched part better. I went with GB to cover up a scrape on my pulse cover, they look good too.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
sorry to hear man. you gotta assume everyone in cages are morons, and that we're invisible to them. if the damage is minor, i'd just leave it. it adds character to the bike. but then again, that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
Lesson learned, maintain situational awareness. You allowed this to happen, you have be ready for everything.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Doesn't look like they make covers for 06 bikes...I want to make mine all black

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Thats an easy fix. Case covers and new bar-ends. Good thing it wasn't worse. I have those same scratches on mine for dropping in my own garage and its hardly noticable.

Some cagers are just retards. Keep your distance and Ride safe.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The case covers are like 60 dollars or so if you want to swap a new one on and leave the old one in the parts bin. You can get some protection for it if you desire, as others suggested.

Reminds me of my commute today. I had some gal in front of me that executed the textbook, driving school stop at every intersection. The first time she did it, I was surprised quite a bit...I kept expecting her to go and she just sat there for what seemed an eternity.

I'm still full retard when it comes to pic hosting apparently...so, if you want something to make you feel a bit better...try this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djl2/5763362295/

·
Registered
325 Posts
The case covers are like 60 dollars or so if you want to swap a new one on and leave the old one in the parts bin. You can get some protection for it if you desire, as others suggested.

Reminds me of my commute today. I had some gal in front of me that executed the textbook, driving school stop at every intersection. The first time she did it, I was surprised quite a bit...I kept expecting her to go and she just sat there for what seemed an eternity.

I'm still full retard when it comes to pic hosting apparently...so, if you want something to make you feel a bit better...try this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djl2/5763362295/

Just a fyi, the one in your picture is about 60 dollars; this is the stator cover. The one he damaged is the engine case cover and it's about 140 dollars.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
You are not hurt, and you gain experience from this mistake. Sucks to hear that, but you always have to be careful of people, I see people stopping at Yield signs all the time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts