Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some low cost bike stands I thru together. They worked great. I used my overhead lift to get the back on, then just lifted the front on by hand.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,856 Posts
Take the lift off, then gently push on the front of your bike and watch the stands tip over. There is no stability fore and aft there.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I'm all for DIY solutions so good job there! I think the design could use some revisions to improve stability and usability though. That's how these things go though right? Design, build, revise, design, build, revise....

I bought a pair of cheap stands for less than $100 and they worked well for a few years but now they're starting to get rickety.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Oh god. lol I used to be like you, cheap out on everything... buying the discounted helmet or the cheapest gloves, getting the off brand toilet paper (Never again...). I'm so glad I did NOT do that with my stands. I went out and bought the pitbull stands and I couldn't be happier. They'll literally last forever where as a cheap $100 set will need replacing in 4-5 years (most likely). Just do it right, do it once. Buy some pitbulls :)

- Oh and F this DIY idea... It's innovative I admit... but far too sketchy for this cat.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I love it. Would love to take these to the track, sit back and watch everyone's reaction...

:popcorn:

·
Registered
70 Posts
so ugly. i went and bought a 45 dollar rear stand from harbor freight. yes i know there **** doesn't last long but it gets the job done for now. i will be purchasing a proper matching set in the near future for my track days however.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Don't trust your baby to cheap motorcycle stands!

MOTO-D's PRO-Series Front and Rear Stands combo fits every modern sportbike and are solid steel with a Lifetime Limited USA Warranty and Free Shipping from www.motodracing.com

No Assembly Required - Solid Steel

Precise Front Forklift and Rear Spooled Swingarm Attachments

You bike won't bow in like cheap stands found on eBay

The cost a lot LESS than the fancy gold stands which are really heavy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts