Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this works...

I finally got a custom map created for my RR. The chart I have listed below (hopefully correctly) is a before and after comparison. The base run is my RR with a K&N filter, 2Bros slip on and a zero map (before the custom map) PCIII USB. The after is obviously with the custom map completed.

I did have a bone stock base run done last summer (at the same shop) when I bought the bike but I can't find the damn chart right now. I belive the numbers for bone stock were as follows: HP 103.1 and TQ 43.0.

So if I am thinking this through correctly I have gained a total of 4.8HP at the wheel and 2.2ft/lb at the wheel - when comparing bone stock to mods + custom map.

Either way I am satisfied with the way the bike feels as far as power curve and "smoothness" through the RPM range is concerned.

The shop I used is located in W. Babylon, NY. I had a great experience there and if anyone is interested in checking them out I would be more than happy to provide their contact info.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it's about 45 minutes east of the city.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,i have made the same modofications on my 05' 600rr,,cany you send your map to me?i want to test it,if it is posible.I have a custom map too,but not a professional man did it.And here in Hungary,i know only 1man,who could do it correctly,but he is too busy these days.
so if you can,please send your map to [email protected]

thanks

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There really is no point in sending you my map;
1. Every bike is different
2. Unless you have access to a dyno and do a before & after how would you know if my map is an improvment over your existing map?
3. Not to be a d*ck but why should you benefit from the money I spent??

Sorry bud...

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah - welcome to the site. As you become more familiar with this site and the info posted here you will realize that I am not being difficult. Everybike is different and will react differently to the same map.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
'05, you should be happy with that curve. Nice gains all over the map.

As far as sending him your map, send it to him. As long as he knows that it won't fit his bike exactly it still may fit better then one from dynojet. Let him run it and see if he likes it. If he doesn't like it he can always download another one until he gets it on the dyno.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hey, how much did it cost you to get it tuned with the custom map? I'm looking to get it done, just trying to plan on how much I'm going to be spending. Thanks. Oh, and nice gains on that.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NewRedRider - Thanks, I am very happy with the gains.

Comb - Thanks - $300.00 - Basically it took the shop 3-1/2" hours at $85/hour. Included in that price is the map itself burned to a CDrom, the charts (about 5 if I remember correctly), free re-tune if you are not satisfied or want to tweak to your likings, and a little laminated card size reference/showoff card for your wallet.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
well looks like your putting out some nice numbers!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NewRedRider: Isn't that the cutest! Let's see the little fellow.

Yeah - lol. I'll post it up when I get home later.

mr_600RR: well looks like your putting out some nice numbers!

Thanks, yeah I am satisfied with the gains across the board.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NewRedRider: Isn't that the cutest! Let's see the little fellow.

Here is an image of the "showoff" card lol.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
HP curve looks awesome...

and your torque curve shows some peaks at 6500 and 8500.,..and finally 11,000. not bad at all, looks like you should shift WOT at right before redline.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NesNeedsBoost: HP curve looks awesome...

Thanks man, I'm psyched about my results.

NewRedRider: That's awesome! I never would have thought of that.

I was surprised when the guy handed it to me, I thought he was messing around when he said he had a laminated "showoff" card for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts