Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dyno Drag is a mobile dyno dragstrip. 2 bikes can be put up side by side on it. It shows quartermile times and horsepower. Its not 100% accurate because it doesnt factor in controlling the bike down a race track(like keeping the front end on the ground). It shows the full potiential of the bike based on power, not the riders full skill.

There were many bikes running all day. The fastest bike was a ZX-12R which ran an 8.82 quarter mile at 194 rear wheel hp. It wasnt anywhere near stock. The slowest was a Honda Ruckus (49cc scooter) at somewhere around 50+sec quartermile at a whooping 3.8 hp.

Someone ran a stock blue 04 CBR600RR at 10.8 quartermile with 114.3hp.

A 2001 Suzuki GSX-R600 ran 10.48 at 107.4 hp stock with a 1 tooth down on the front sprocket.

A co-worker (who has competition drag racing experiance) ran my CBR600RR 2003 with a leo vecnie slip on. It ran 10.065 quartermile with 119.8 rearwheel HP. Second run was 10.027 with 118.8 hp.
There were some 1000cc bikes that didnt run this fast!

One of the most impressive bikes today was a GSXR750. I didnt catch any of his times but he was crushing many 1000s.

Ill try to get a vid up of the 600 that ran 119.8 hp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Agreed, very high for rear wheel HP. Mine came from Dynojet with a full system and a PCIII and it was only putting out 109.74 rwhp.


What elevation are you at for this? Mine was done at about 2400 above sea level.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was in Charlotte, NC it was about 55 degrees out. I agree the numbers do seem high. Thats why I posted diff bikes to show how it related.
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I'm sure the way the dyno read the power from the wheel had a lot to do with it.

Not all dynos are the same, or this one may not have been calibrated correctly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
i hit 10.88 @134mph w/105.2hp and the bike is bone stock...and thats with mess up first gear too on a Dyno Drag mobile dyno dragstrip /elevation(orlando,FL).....all u guys are right ..numbers are a bit high :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Someone there said that the times were all good but the HP numbers were high. That seemed consistant with all the bikes there. Something you can be sure of is that this 600RR was the fastest 600 that made a run this weekend. So CBR600RRs everwhere were well represented. :bounce:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
Originally posted by BGONS:


Someone there said that the times were all good but the HP numbers were high



Looks like alot of fun, but 10.06 and 10.02 from a 600rr with a slipon?... absolutly no way could the bike run those times on a real drag run...just my 2 pennies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
mtc said:
Looks like alot of fun, but 10.06 and 10.02 from a 600rr with a slipon?... absolutly no way could the bike run those times on a real drag run...just my 2 pennies.
Agreed. The magizines show the 600RR running a 10.24 if I remember correctly. That is with a pro riding it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
BGONS said:
Its not 100% accurate because it doesnt factor in controlling the bike down a race track(like keeping the front end on the ground). .
I think he already covered that it wasn't going to be accurate. It was a good vid though and interesting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,456 Posts
Crash said:
mtc said:
Looks like alot of fun, but 10.06 and 10.02 from a 600rr with a slipon?... absolutly no way could the bike run those times on a real drag run...just my 2 pennies.
Agreed. The magizines show the 600RR running a 10.24 if I remember correctly. That is with a pro riding it.
Actually I think it was more like a 10.88 stock. Don't think any 600s get into the low 10s in stock form.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
BGONS BIKE

I was there.....BGons bike just has a slip on, and it ran that time. STOCK 600rr's were running consistant times to what you see in the magazines.

BGONS bike is fast as H&LL!!!-I've ridden it.

stop hatin
 
1 - 20 of 134 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top