Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i took my bike the other day to get dynoed and it was 105.3 before he made the custom map and 108.0 after he messed with the mapping... I have the factory pro vstacks and a scorpian slip on... now can someone tell my how the hell a bone stock 06 600rr beat me twice so then we switched bikes thinkin maybe it was me and then i beat him with his bike while he was on mine... Well that still wasnt good enought for me cause i was getting really ticked off!!! So another one of my dude raced him on my bike and lost then they switched bike and to make this short my bike lost everytime to a bone stock 600rr! ! ! ! Thats just not right can anyone help me out on this one cause im goin crazy i got like 1g in this thing and im still lossin to a stock bike WTF!!!

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
LOL!

Soulotion.

Trade in your 600RR for a 1000R, re-race.

Jason

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
funny funny im just saying i should not have lost to a stock 600 i was lookin into getting a 929 or a 954 so if you know anyone that wants to trade me for my 600rr let me know!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
#1, What year bike do you got? #2 how much do you weigh?

My gf's F4 has 93.7hp and my RR has 105.7 so far and she can beat me everytime. THing is I have 100lbs on her and the F4 is down 2 teeth on the front.

As well young grasshapper, just cause you have a higher hp #, dosent mean your bike works better. Peak #'s dont say much about performance other then how much power it makes.. What does your curve look like? Post up your graph.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
his is stock he weights maybe at the most 30lbs less then me so i dont know it shouldnt make that much of a difference

·
Registered
477 Posts
powderblueRR said:
his is stock he weights maybe at the most 30lbs less then me so i dont know it shouldnt make that much of a difference
I think the weight is probably definately a factor. How did you break your bike in. If you did it based on the recommendations of the dealership your bike is probably a little tight.

Good Luck

·
Registered
965 Posts
powderblueRR said:
You would be amazed. HP to weight ratio can vary significantly depending what rider is on it.. That in itself is a big factor on the bike.

30lbs is 30lbs, not to mention the 06RR is already the lightest of them all. You cant just look @ peak #'s and assume you should be faster dude.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
1. As RedFireRR asked, what year is yours?

2. 30 lbs difference in rider weight is a LOT. And if you factor in weight difference b/t the two bikes (depending on what year yours is), there's more weight right there.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh yeah and i have an 05 and he has an 06... plus i beat him when he was on mine and i was on his so i dont think the weight has anything to do with it and i broke it in the way i was told by alot of dudes they said drive it like your going to drive it...so needless to say it wasnt babied!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im 200 hes about 170-180 and the other dudes like 250 so you tell me how the dude that was 250 on the 06 was able to beat me and the dude thats like 175 on the 05??

·
Registered
924 Posts
Post your dyno chart/graph if you can.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
powderblueRR said:
oh yeah and i have an 05 and he has an 06... plus i beat him when he was on mine and i was on his so i dont think the weight has anything to do with it and i broke it in the way i was told by alot of dudes they said drive it like your going to drive it...so needless to say it wasnt babied!
I think the way you broke in your bike is what's causing part of the discrepancy.

Case and point: my friend and I both have 05 RRs bought from the same dealership at the same time which makes me asume they had similar manufacturing dates... Anyways, mine is bone stock, nothing done to it at all. My friend has a PCIII, Yoshi carbon RS5 exhaust, and a custom map. He was told that you can get higher HP numbers if you drive it a little hard the first few miles. I didn't buy in and babied it up to 700 miles. There is a 500 mile discrepancy between our millage so that shouldn't be such a big deal since we're both in 6000+ mile range. I'm about 20 pounds heavier than he is.

So long story short, when we race we are DEAD EVEN. He can't pull away from me at all, and at high speeds I am able to slowly creep up on him.

Besides him having less weight and more mods, I think that following the manufacturer's break in procedures gave me better numbers overall.

Either way, don't despair, but sign up for a track day. Then as soon as a turn comes along you will kick your friends @$$...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well im takin it to go get redynoed tomorrow! I called the guy at the shop that did it and told him what had happened and he said just to bring it up to him and he will redo it for free! Thanks thought ill keep you posted on the updates. T

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Not every bike has same numbers dude. Some may be better, some may be worse. Thats just how it is. Just like twins..they never have the same personality.

·
Registered
965 Posts
powderblueRR said:
Well im takin it to go get redynoed tomorrow! I called the guy at the shop that did it and told him what had happened and he said just to bring it up to him and he will redo it for free! Thanks thought ill keep you posted on the updates. T
You told them you keep losing races so they are going to retune it for free? Your shitting me right? lol

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no im for real he said it wont be a problem i was like dude i keep on lossing to a stock bike so hes going to give it another go and see if he cant tweak her a little bit and have her running even better... But the dudes a good guy So yeah hes going to do it again for free he knows i send him a lot of people to buy stuff from him and i also spend an arm and a leg in there... so he likes to keep me happy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts