Baseline:
Max HP = 98.69 @ 13.5k
Max torque = 41.76 ft - lbs @ 11k

Dyno'd:
Max HP = 107.04 @ 13.5k
Max torque = 45.31 ft - lbs @ 11k

Akrapovic Hex slipon w/BMC filter
Wow, those are some great gains!

Is that baseline with the Akra and then tuned, or baseline with a stock vs. tuned Akra? I'd be really interested to see the actual curves.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Wow those are sweet numbers...

Doesn't hurt that the exhaust is the sexiest looking/sounding. (imho)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If i can scan the curves I'll post them up.

Basically the tuned curve has gains everywhere except @ 2k rpm. ^^"

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
thats awesome, i wonder my full akra will perform? where in socal did you get it tuned? how much did this place charge if you dont mind me asking? ill be putting a pc3 in next week and hopefully get it mapped as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats awesome, i wonder my full akra will perform? where in socal did you get it tuned? how much did this place charge if you dont mind me asking? ill be putting a pc3 in next week and hopefully get it mapped as well.
Mach1 in Newport Beach. They ask about $350. Buy your own O2 eliminator kit from dynojet because they'll charge you $20 if you don't. Talk to Jim.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Baseline with akra and then tuned.

I didn't have enough $ for a stock pull. :(
How was it tuned: you have a PCIII installed.
With a slip-on, PCIII and a BMC filter that's about what I'd expect. You'll probably see about 111-113 rwhp with a full system. Post the charts and tell us about the run conditions.

Otherwise there's no change your bike gained 7-9 hp with just a slip on. 3-4 would be more likely.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
AZN you got the full hex akra? I finally got a chance to ride mine, and it was at a track day at Barber...man what a difference, it felt like a new bike...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Glad the bike runs good now but its not really known what gains the pipe made then cuz he never got a stock run. Was just good mapping by the tuner.

For all we know the stock bike could of made 110 hp on that dyno - then went down to 98 hp after the pipe instalation and no map- then made 107 hp after tuning. Until then you never know what the pipe made

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HP aside, the feel is definately better. More responsive and way more torque. I can't keep the front wheel down like i used to. I need to eat more.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
True but i've seen stock runs on the 05/06 rr and they're usually around 100-103. Either way i'm happy with the tuning.

·
Registered
998 Posts
HP aside, the feel is definately better. More responsive and way more torque. I can't keep the front wheel down like i used to. I need to eat more.
Friend,

having a few more ponies and 5 ft lbs more torque will not turn your bike into an RCV...if you can't keep the front wheel down you better check your rear shock and make sure it still works!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
AZN you got the full hex akra? I finally got a chance to ride mine, and it was at a track day at Barber...man what a difference, it felt like a new bike...
Nah, dude i ended up getting the older style oval system. Tt was such an awesome deal i couldnt pass it up.

·
Registered
487 Posts
How was it tuned: you have a PCIII installed.
With a slip-on, PCIII and a BMC filter that's about what I'd expect. You'll probably see about 111-113 rwhp with a full system. Post the charts and tell us about the run conditions.

Otherwise there's no change your bike gained 7-9 hp with just a slip on. 3-4 would be more likely.
Yes, I understand it takes a pc3 to tune but my point was from my understanding you can't get the proper A/f ratio with the catalytic converter intact. You either had to get them out some how or go to a full system. The cats won't allow you to measure the values correctly to get it properly tuned. It makes sense to me but I could be wrong.

Where's birdman when you need him???????

1 - 20 of 38 Posts