Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who here has gotten there bike dyno'd and a custom map made for it?

How much gain did you get? (Either hp, or nicer, cleaner, smoother curve)

How much did it cost?

Where did you get it done?

Thanks for the answers (in advance), I am in the market so just checking out my options.

· Super Moderator
11,981 Posts
Well mine was a quicky at the track (JenningsGP) done by Vinnie from Pro-line. I had a lean problem up top. JUST adjusting the upper rpm range I gained about 2-3 peak Hp and the peak Hp went from 13.8k rpm to 14.5K rpm. I can't wait to be able to finish the low and mid-range fuel curve. If you're considering it don't hesitate. It's good money spent unless you get a bad tuner.

· Registered
442 Posts
I did mine at a place called Seacoast in NH and it
pretty much went backwards. $250 to make its more
fuel efficient but less power... though the dyno graph
claims 2 hp more over the map I had when I walked in the
door. The dyno graph is wrong as I can feel with my ass
which had more power, it was obvious.

I have to say my off the shelf map (jardine map with Akra pipe) via
the web was better. Better meaning more even power in a roll on.
It did increase fuel economy by about 15% though.

I emailed the tech back to ask how it was done
like deactivating the cat and making sure the fuel air sensors
were placed in proper spots but he never emailed me back.

So I ended up averaging the two maps. 1) custom
2) the Jardine stock map
and the compromise I am very happy with.

· Registered
2,214 Posts
playero_loko said:
9hp? i dunno bout dat but maybe birdman can elaborate if this possible with mappng alone....
That would all depend on how far off the baseline settings are, theoretically you could gain whatever if you walked in with a map so bad your bike was barely running.

· Registered
927 Posts
Black05rr said:
That would all depend on how far off the baseline settings are, theoretically you could gain whatever if you walked in with a map so bad your bike was barely running.
+1 ^^^^ what he said.

· Registered
927 Posts
Although starting at 104 aint to shabby...I know it's all relative - my point is it would be one thing if the guy started at 90 and ended up at 99. Following black05rr's comment.

· Registered
200 Posts
Harp said:
EDR Performance in Portland, Oregon. I think it cost around $250. HP gain usually isn't the primary goal, more of a side-effect. The primary goals are to get a nice smooth power curve and clean throttle response.
I will 2nd EDR being a kickass shop

harp from sbws i'm assuming :p

· Registered
2,527 Posts
yep, exactly, be good to know if the bike had a zero map in it before maping or a downloaded map. Not hard to gain a heap of power from mmaping if the map init sux the big one.LOL But if it was JUST from no mapping at all to mapped? I'd be a tad unsure about it on the 600RR

· Registered
66 Posts
The bike did not have a zero map in when we started. It had a map i downloaded from the PC site and put it in. Did some messing with the cams and then the fueling. I'll see if I can get him to e-mail the run so I can put it up

· Registered
66 Posts
05'600RR said:
Although starting at 104 aint to shabby...I know it's all relative - my point is it would be one thing if the guy started at 90 and ended up at 99. Following black05rr's comment.
and my motor is a supersport build. They had a stock 04 600RR in not that long ago that put out 99hp

· Registered
157 Posts
I just got my bike back from getting my map done. Over all it has me gaining 6 HP.
My graph is in MPH. So i can not really tell the RPMs.
From what I can tell down low I gained almost 10hp and smoothed out the midrage and slowly going up in HP to the top. I can totally feal the difference down low now.
I had a big dip before. That is all cleaned up now.

I went for the Jardine slip-on map when I went in to a custom. So it was no zeroed out.
It only cost me $70 to have it done. So I am very happy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.