Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry didn't get the link, but there is a 2005 all black 600rr with 780 miles and clear title for $2800 on e-bay. Seems like a mistake to me, but it should be legit if its on ebay. Anybody got $2800 I can borrow...J/K. Let me know what you think.

C

·
0 Posts
I wish I had a quarter for everyone one of these threads.....

And another quarter for everyone who is buying their first bike and looking on e-bay, and comes to ask my opinion about one of these deals....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already have an 05 RR (all black) that I found on ebay. It just happened that the guy lived in my town. Got it for $7000 with 450 miles back in August. Ebay can be a good thing, but I wouldn't buy it unless I could see it. Just a question thats all.

·
Registered
280 Posts
there all over ebay u can find them in the cycle trader i even found one in the paper
when there is no buy it now option only send him a money order and no phone number just email tag come on but somebody is sending money or they would stop

·
Registered
539 Posts
big time scam.. they are also doing this on the local recycler classified adds. I cant believe ppl would actually send money over without looking at the actual bike in person.

·
Registered
273 Posts
10 dollars , that that person has the bike in a different country and will ship for free haha sounds a little fishy lol
FYI they all say that

DONT DO IT

SCAM

·
Registered
35 Posts
yea i asked about that one, a gsxr, and r6 and an r1, all the same price, all 2005, all low miles, and all free shipping from italy because their "brother died" and they have to get rid of it. def a scam lol.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
TryumphRR said:
I already have an 05 RR (all black) that I found on ebay. It just happened that the guy lived in my town. Got it for $7000 with 450 miles back in August. Ebay can be a good thing, but I wouldn't buy it unless I could see it. Just a question thats all.

If you already got one for $7,000 off ebay why would you think your gonna get one for $2,800 ??? and if you think just because it's on ebay that its legit you need a rude awakening.

Use common sense bro....nobody is gonna GIVE you a brand new bike for $2,800.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
crotch_rocket_pilot said:
I wish I had a quarter for everyone one of these threads.....

And another quarter for everyone who is buying their first bike and looking on e-bay, and comes to ask my opinion about one of these deals....
+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
obvious scam
these guys aren't very creative

its hilarious when they send the e-mail to you always sounds like "I em in tha US miltry moved too foren cuntry und mast seel bik"

oh and the "I own a business so I'm out of town a lot" send another e-mail just cause I like to mess with these scammers and get this response: "I don't own a phone so we should just use e-mail" one more: "I'm deaf, blind, and mute, so I can't talk to you over the phone." then of course here comes "I'm living in Bukrukistan at the moment but my cousin in Budapest will ship you the bike for free."

these guys are almost comical if it weren't for the fact that people actually fall for it

·
Registered
21 Posts
scam........guy tried to sell me an 04 candy blue RR for 2970......FBI called my house and told me i was a vicitim of fraud.......it was on ebay.......those guys are pretty good at what they do.....he even hacked into ebay and sent me emails from them.....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts