Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I bought one of those ez pass holders that go on the handlebars of my 09 600rr..The one i got doesnt seem to fit on the bars and i cant put the ez pass on the windshield cuz it got too much of a curve..where do you guys usually put them. i dont wanna make anything thats permanent its got to be able to come off when im done.

·
Registered
268 Posts
i just keep mine in my jacket pocket-when i know im nearing the toll booths-i just unzip the jacket pocket and get it ready to be taken out when its my turn to ride tru..

but on my puig screen-i put the velcro on the very corner and it seems to hold it in place-i wish i had an old pic...sorry

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
When I lived in Houston, I would just carry it in my inside pocket of my jacket and it would register fine. You could always velcro it somewhere in the fairing though if you didn't want to do it that way.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I put mine under my passenger seat. Gets picked up there. Never had an issue with it. Thinking about cutting it open and removing the board and stashing it somewhere else on the bike. The ones we have here in Mass are too big. Takes up too much storage valuable space.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I put mine under my passenger seat. Gets picked up there. Never had an issue with it. Thinking about cutting it open and removing the board and stashing it somewhere else on the bike. The ones we have here in Mass are too big. Takes up too much storage valuable space.
whoa it works under there? thanks. i've always wondered. i'm in boston too. i was just gonna throw it in my tailbag whenever i had to go on a trip with a toll. i'm guessing if it works under your seat then it will work in my kriega us-10 top pocket.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It should work anywhere you put it. We have an open tollway in IL , so I dont have to stop if you have one. Makes it a convience, plus even if it didn't register my vehicles are registered anyways.

·
Registered
785 Posts
It should work anywhere you put it. We have an open tollway in IL , so I dont have to stop if you have one. Makes it a convience, plus even if it didn't register my vehicles are registered anyways.
yeah i also realized, since our vehicles are registered, it doesn't matter if the light actually registers or not. if it doesn't register it just snaps a picture of your license and charges you anyway. so here in massachusetts since the tolls are open for fastlane/ezpass, it's no big deal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
yeah i also realized, since our vehicles are registered, it doesn't matter if the light actually registers or not. if it doesn't register it just snaps a picture of your license and charges you anyway. so here in massachusetts since the tolls are open for fastlane/ezpass, it's no big deal.
same here in Texas (Dallas). I have all my bikes registered and never carry the tags. The camera read your plates and matches to account on record...

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
It will check the database and match the plates however it will add a $1 administrative fee for doing so. So keep that in mind. I found it out the hard way. $100+ later.

·
Registered
785 Posts
It will check the database and match the plates however it will add a $1 administrative fee for doing so. So keep that in mind. I found it out the hard way. $100+ later.
wow thanks so much for telling me. now i'm definitely going to carry the pass. i would've never checked and racked up charges.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thats stupid for them to do that, what if you had your EZ Pass with you and it didnt register it anyways. I guess its the government trying to find ways to get money. I havent heard of anything like that in IL, Ill have to check. I know for a minute they were charging double the toll if you didnt have the EZ Pass. Example: Itd be 1.00 if you had the EZ pass and 2.00 without it, another plot to get our money.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
wow thanks so much for telling me. now i'm definitely going to carry the pass. i would've never checked and racked up charges.
well about 1/2 the time the tolls dont even pick us up. We are too light. There are specific booths on the Pike that don't get us. Before I had my pass I would make sure to go through those. Now I pay at all of them =(.

Having a CompetitionWerkes FE helps too with its collapsing ability =D.

·
Registered
458 Posts
^^^^^^^
yup. just get a flip up license plate and flip it up before you go through the tolls....no license plate number, no proof that was you. lol the ez pass system works also if you have your bike registered and you have enough money in your ez pass account and the toll doesn't read your transmitter you will just get the amount of the toll withdrawn from your account...no fine. so I wouldn't even worry if it wasn't picked up by the ez pass readers

·
Registered
793 Posts
I would be telling them to kiss my pale butt. It's their technology and if it's not up to the job then that's their own tough luck not mine. With that system they are motivated to make the toll tags work as poorly as possible so they can zap you for the extra buck.

I had them show me the records for one of my cars and there were a couple of toll gates that missed reading the tag EVERY day but others picked it up fine. The toll company just needs to have a system that works, it's not up to you to pay for a crappy implementation.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I would be telling them to kiss my pale butt. It's their technology and if it's not up to the job then that's their own tough luck not mine. With that system they are motivated to make the toll tags work as poorly as possible so they can zap you for the extra buck.

I had them show me the records for one of my cars and there were a couple of toll gates that missed reading the tag EVERY day but others picked it up fine. The toll company just needs to have a system that works, it's not up to you to pay for a crappy implementation.
Haha. if that was the case I would agree. I was willingly running my EzPass registered car/bike through the tolls with no transmitter. I was sharing one transmitter with my family at the time. Only 1 of us had the transmitter. I didnt realize that I was getting fined the $1 admin fee till quite some time after. I got them to discount the total fee's but I still had to pay ~$30.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts