Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one of you guys use ear plus in a full face? Also while using a headset. Im looking for some that cant block out wind noise but still can hear my music.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I guess you mean "can" block wind noise...

Check out the in-ear stuff from Etymotic Research. I've had a pair for nearly 8 yeas that work great.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I wear ear protection in my helmet and listen to music on my Sena. You will be able to hear the music and actually get much better detail on the lows with ear plugs on which I found surprising. Unfortunately you will be at or near max volume on the music to be able to hear it and it gets drowned out at higher speeds (80+).

I would not do anything different and highly recommend earplugs when riding. I get mine for the cheap from Walmart.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I always wear the foam squishy earplugs to stop wind noise.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I wear ear protection in my helmet and listen to music on my Sena. You will be able to hear the music and actually get much better detail on the lows with ear plugs on which I found surprising. Unfortunately you will be at or near max volume on the music to be able to hear it and it gets drowned out at higher speeds (80+).

I would not do anything different and highly recommend earplugs when riding. I get mine for the cheap from Walmart.
I do the same but can hardly hear any music through the ear plug. I am gonna try some different ones.

·
Registered
966 Posts
EarBUDS are what you want. Skull candy was awesome for a couple years now they suck, but earbuds for your music are the perfect solution. When the music is off they block as much noise as earplugs. When the music is on they block the wind noise while you have music, best of both worlds.

·
Registered
309 Posts
bored&stroked;7917890 said:
EarBUDS are what you want. Skull candy was awesome for a couple years now they suck, but earbuds for your music are the perfect solution. When the music is off they block as much noise as earplugs. When the music is on they block the wind noise while you have music, best of both worlds.
I have been using earbuds for the last couple weeks. I think my main problem is I need to put the baffle back in my exhaust. It makes my ears hurt, even with plugs.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I do the same but can hardly hear any music through the ear plug. I am gonna try some different ones.
Look for some that are not so high in their Noise Reduction (NR) rating in dB. Most of the ones you will find are between 30 - 33dB in NR. I tried some with a NR rating of 22dB (lowest I could find) and enjoyed them much more. Not only was the music easier to hear but also things going on around me while keeping wind noise comfortably muted.

https://www.amazon.com/Macks-Pillow-Silicone-Earplugs-Value/dp/B003LZQGN6/ref=sr_1_7_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1491954321&sr=8-7&keywords=ear+plugs&th=1

·
Registered
309 Posts
Look for some that are not so high in their Noise Reduction (NR) rating in dB. Most of the ones you will find are between 30 - 33dB in NR. I tried some with a NR rating of 22dB (lowest I could find) and enjoyed them much more. Not only was the music easier to hear but also things going on around me while keeping wind noise comfortably muted.

https://www.amazon.com/Macks-Pillow-Silicone-Earplugs-Value/dp/B003LZQGN6/ref=sr_1_7_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1491954321&sr=8-7&keywords=ear+plugs&th=1
Great tip.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
The other option would be a pair of Plugfones - They're pretty decent too. Blocks wind noise, and can have the music low.

At the moment, I'm using the in-ear earbuds that came with my Pixel XL. They block wind noise, and sound good too.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Wait, you guys are blasting music loud enough to listen to threw earplugs? Thats just silly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought a 50 pack of Mack's for $12 on ebay. I swap them out when they start to get a little dirty. I have no complaints. Greatly reduces wind noise and when I was using chatterbox/listening to music I was able to hear relatively well.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts